Wireless IEMs for people with weird ear shapes

Soldato
I'm after something I can wear for my commute and while working that won't leave me with the headband imprint on my head, but I have weird ears and worry they'll fall out while running for a bus etc.

Main priority is sound quality and battery life, followed by convenience features like music controls.

I was looking at a pair by shure but the case was huuuuge. Any recommendations?

Budget 100-200

Associate
I'm after something I can wear for my commute and while working that won't leave me with the headband imprint on my head, but I have weird ears and worry they'll fall out while running for a bus etc.

Main priority is sound quality and battery life, followed by convenience features like music controls.

I was looking at a pair by shure but the case was huuuuge. Any recommendations?

Budget 100-200
Daughter did exactly that scenario, first time using a pair of galaxy buds to college one fell out running for the bus, came home crying, kids eh I thought it was funny, in the end had to go on ear for simplicity sake.

Soldato
OP
The best in-ears I have ever owned are Status Audio Between Pro, they are awesome.
Make sure you use foam tips so they stay firm in the ears.

Those look good! They stay in the ear well?

Man of Honour
Those look good! They stay in the ear well?

I have no problems but I use foam buds and I cut a bit off the end so they fit in the case.
I use Inairs Air2 Small, I used to think I had big ears but I don't.
I also wet them just before they go in the ear and they stay solid.
However they are triple drivers and the sound is nearly as good as my dedicated Digital Audio Player and £280 triple driver wired in-ears using Poweramp on my phone.

At this moment I'm blasting out the 3x tracks from Metallica's new album at full blast in my ears.

I took a punt on them in December 2020 and they were £70 then.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've taken a punt on the status between pro ones recommended above so will feedback when I get them

I honestly think they are the best wireless I've tried and I've tried a lot.

Advice
Foam tips are way better than the silicon in my opinion and I had to hunt some down for them but also modify them.
I suggest you buy a pack of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/INΛIRS-AIR...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
There are 3 different sizes and then you can identify the one that fits your ears the best (I use small).

Soldato
OP
I honestly think they are the best wireless I've tried and I've tried a lot.

Advice
Foam tips are way better than the silicon in my opinion and I had to hunt some down for them but also modify them.
I suggest you buy a pack of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/INΛIRS-AIR2-Effective-Cancelling-Replacement-Modell/dp/B00THKPQGM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=36O553NK4M43C&keywords=inairs+air2&qid=1679935865&s=electronics&sprefix=inairs+air2,electronics,77&sr=1-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
There are 3 different sizes and then you can identify the one that fits your ears the best (I use small).
Already en route my dude.

Soldato
OP
Another tip
To get them in the case pinch from the front of the tip to the back of the unit, squash them in and they will go in the case nice.
Do you have the old case or the new one? Apparently they redesigned it to fit better. Either way, I'll bear that in mind

Soldato
OP
They arrived today, and I have to say you've nailed it @SexyGreyFox

They sound great, very comfy and deffo not going anywhere, despite weird ears.

I have the foam inserts a go, and as you said, they needed a bit trimmed off the back to fit in the case, but then they were grand. Gotta say I think I prefer the silicon ones though as they seem to sound better.

So I have the small silicon and the largest wings and that is perfect.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Man of Honour
I'm so glad.
Another tip I only found out on Sunday.
They stopped working together for the first time since I had them and after reading the manual there is a reset button on the bottom of the case which I'd never seen before.

Back
Top Bottom