Wireless IEMS

Associate
Been after a pair of wireless IEMs for a while, santa brought me a pair of JBL Reflex Flows but they had to go back as I just couldn't get them to fit properly.

Picked up a pair of Melomanias on Friday, so far so good, really happy with the sound and fit. Proper test of the fit will be at the gym though :)

Keen to hear how you get on with these FIIL IEMs though, might grab a pair to try out sometime

Soldato
I've tried many. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a sound snob and even with my acquired ear fullness and tinnitus my hearing range still seems OK.

So I'm stuck with top end shure iems and their stupid Bluetooth adapter. Not truly wireless, but the sound is where its at.

I tried some airpods the other day. Holy cow they are terrible muck. They are cheap in the grand scheme of quality iems, but why people buy them is beyond me.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Airpods don't really have the component quality to match their price which is why the cheap Chinese clones are often better as they use better drivers and chipsets!

I'll report back once I've got the above in hand and have given them a go. Will compare against the JayBird X3 which replaces my Sennheiser IE80 wired back in the day!

Associate
https://www.scarbir.com/guide/best-tws-under-100

Just bought the number one in the list for £45

Seems like bargains to be had. Was going to pay £190 for XM3's thought why not buy these instead.

I ordered some of these as well yesterday for £50 - admittedly, it was early when I ordered (about 4:30am) but they're due to arrive today. From Italy. The postage was £1.79. Something's wrong here isn't it?

edit: nope, just arrived - charging them now, will report back :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I ordered some of these as well yesterday for £50 - admittedly, it was early when I ordered (about 4:30am) but they're due to arrive today. From Italy. The postage was £1.79. Something's wrong here isn't it?

edit: nope, just arrived - charging them now, will report back :D

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and just got dispatched yesterday. Did you order from gearbest or elsewhere?

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
Yeah. If the reviews are anything to go buy these are 1/4 the price of XM3's and likely around the same sort of calibre. XM3's will likelye still come out on top but for £50 you can't complain.

Would love to see someone, anyone, compare the two. My xm3's usb-c port wont charge any more which renders the entire thing dead so I've got to send it off for warranty claim at some point but I'm really missing them thus far.

Caporegime
OP
Would love to see someone, anyone, compare the two. My xm3's usb-c port wont charge any more which renders the entire thing dead so I've got to send it off for warranty claim at some point but I'm really missing them thus far.

I doubt anyone would own both tbh other than youtube reviewers, etc.

I did see a review on youtube for both from the same person but sound is very subjective also. He said the XM3's were the best but tbh it would be pretty hard for someone to beat Sony with their current pedigree in ANC and the sound industry for 1/4 of the price.

I still haven't got mine yet however I am expecting them to be very good and likely nothing under £150 will be better.

Associate
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and just got dispatched yesterday. Did you order from gearbest or elsewhere?

Geekbuying - I could have had them dispatched from the far east or a warehouse in Italy (for about a quid more). There's all sorts of discount codes available too (though beware, one code that I used actually put the price up!).

Just had a quick play and they feel like a quality bit of kit - very quick to connect, reconnect etc and they sound great out of the box. I'm not sure if this type of equipment needs breaking in like high-end audio stuff but I'd be happy with them as they are to be honest, they clearly sound better to my ears than the Sabbat E12 I've been using. Not tried them outside yet but I have a route that i walk everyday and I know all the spots that the connection gets briefly interrupted so I'll see how that goes... though my son is eyeing them up as we speak :eek:

Caporegime
OP
Geekbuying - I could have had them dispatched from the far east or a warehouse in Italy (for about a quid more). There's all sorts of discount codes available too (though beware, one code that I used actually put the price up!).

Just had a quick play and they feel like a quality bit of kit - very quick to connect, reconnect etc and they sound great out of the box. I'm not sure if this type of equipment needs breaking in like high-end audio stuff but I'd be happy with them as they are to be honest, they clearly sound better to my ears than the Sabbat E12 I've been using. Not tried them outside yet but I have a route that i walk everyday and I know all the spots that the connection gets briefly interrupted so I'll see how that goes... though my son is eyeing them up as we speak :eek:

Do you own or have owned any premium or well known headphones to have a gist of what high end sound quality sounds like?

Sound is very subjective though as some people like loads of bass, etc. I found my hifiman 400's very fatiguing for instance. Yet they are highly rated everywhere.

The fact they sound clearly better though is a good sign. They have told me up to 25 working days for delivery. So I could be waiting another 5 weeks. Plus with all the virus stuff going on over there it may end up quarantined in a warehouse or set on fire lol.

It's got to the point I should have just paid the extra £10 and ordered from elsewhere but since it's a budget product I thought pointless paying 20% more for quick delivery. I can wait a few weeks.

Associate
Do you own or have owned any premium or well known headphones to have a gist of what high end sound quality sounds like?

Sound is very subjective though as some people like loads of bass, etc. I found my hifiman 400's very fatiguing for instance. Yet they are highly rated everywhere.

The fact they sound clearly better though is a good sign. They have told me up to 25 working days for delivery. So I could be waiting another 5 weeks. Plus with all the virus stuff going on over there it may end up quarantined in a warehouse or set on fire lol.

It's got to the point I should have just paid the extra £10 and ordered from elsewhere but since it's a budget product I thought pointless paying 20% more for quick delivery. I can wait a few weeks.

I've used a ton of decent wired options and spent a fortune on a range of headsets. My current favourites are my Shure 425s so I know what *I* like as far as sound goes but I wouldn't describe myself as an audiophile. As for wireless, I'm still grumpy about losing headphone jacks so haven't invested as much (I'm still hopeful phone manufacturers will come to their senses). However, I've got the aforementioned Sabbat E12, a pair of RHA Trueconnect, Jabra 65t and some on-ear AKG y500.

Caporegime
OP
I've used a ton of decent wired options and spent a fortune on a range of headsets. My current favourites are my Shure 425s so I know what *I* like as far as sound goes but I wouldn't describe myself as an audiophile. As for wireless, I'm still grumpy about losing headphone jacks so haven't invested as much (I'm still hopeful phone manufacturers will come to their senses). However, I've got the aforementioned Sabbat E12, a pair of RHA Trueconnect, Jabra 65t and some on-ear AKG y500.

Well it sounds like you certainly appreciate good sound.

I own the over ear xm3's and was going to get the in ears too but decided to do some research on head fi and these were getting rave reviews. There is a HUUUGE thread on headfi about wireless in ears and so many people pleased with these and other budget options.

I'm much like you I already have the Sony for plane use and I wanted something for the gym and possibly even work. I didn't want to spend big money as I have my proper home set up with q701's, HD600, hd700 and dt770's.

I'm hoping mine arrive soon now can't wait.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've owned a host of wireless iems over the years both personal and for review and only the QCY and JayBird X3s have cikared to my Sennheiser IE80s as far as in ears go so am really looking forward to trying these when they arrive.

I will compare directly to the JayBird :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just seen the leaked info on the new Galaxy Buds+ and they look like a substantial update and probably best in class once release for some time: https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21123117/samsung-galaxy-buds-plus-earbuds-specs-leaked

Essentially for $20 more than the current model you get dual drivers, dual outer mics, double the battery life, multi device pairing and the ability to use just one bud if needed.

If for some reason the Fiil T1X trns out to be not as good as the JayBird X3, then I will likely get the Buds+

Back
Top Bottom