Wireless keyboard/mice - ok for gaming?

Soldato
It's been a while since I bought a new keyboard and mouse... I was wondering whether it was still the case that wireless/bluetooth keyboards were crap for fast games - i.e. added latency?

Or have they improved to the level where it's negligible/no difference to wired?

Soldato
hmm as far as i know the new logitech g7 apparently are up there with the best of gameing mice even for wireless but personally i would never use a wireless mouse as i play competitively at a high standard having to change battery when i have somebody coming towards me isn't the greatest feeling i want lol!

Associate
I have a wireless keyboard/mouse and play at a high competitive level. However I dont use the wireless mouse because the battery runs out quick and it lags a lot. So I use my MS Explorer 3.0 corded mouse. The wireless keyboard is fine tho.

Associate
I use the logitech wireless laser mouse (I forgot the name) and I think its the dogs danglies. No noticeable 'lag', battery lasts quite a while and is charged by usb - and there is a spare battery anyway so never a problem. And best of all, no bloody cable getting in the way.

Man of Honour
I don't know about the keyboard as I've never used a wireless one for any length of time and I don't game competitively but I've got a G7 and I can notice no lag whatsoever(coming from the almost incomparably great Intellimouse v3), the battery lasts for somewhere between 5 and 7 hours of fairly heavy use plus the spare is always charging so change between maps if needed and it has on the fly sensitivity adjustment.

Associate
I'm with JonD - wireless mice are a waste of time (I play FPSs) but wireless keyboards you can just about get away with.

I used wired keyboard and mouse though.. i still notice that slight difference at the key moments. I guess it depends on the pace of the games you play though - something like Quake 3 which is super quick and all (mostly) flick shots, you cannot use wireless, but something like camperstrike or BF2 its probably okay, depending on how competitive you are likely to be/get.

Permabanned
well i used to have a logitech wireless set but got rid of it as it was eating batteries and was completely pants as there would be lag the mouse would randomly stop working with new batteris i have now switched back to wired and its much better

Soldato
The best wireless keyboard I used was the Apple bluetooth one. There was no lag and the batteries lasted quite long (never had to change them in months). The only trouble was that you had to connect it to your bluetooth dongle and type the passcode every time you turned on the computer, and that was a hassle as I wanted to use it straight away.

My G7 has been fine for gaming. No noticable mouse lag again, but I'm finding it has problems tracking on certain surfaces and mousemats.

Soldato
JonD said:
I have a wireless keyboard/mouse and play at a high competitive level. However I dont use the wireless mouse because the battery runs out quick and it lags a lot. So I use my MS Explorer 3.0 corded mouse. The wireless keyboard is fine tho.

yup, i came to the same conclusion. I bought a logi set but the mouse was too poor, like any other wireless mouse ive tried really. then i bought an mx518 and its the perfect setup

Soldato
using a cheap sweex wireless mouse and no probs with it, still sometimes on top of scorelist in fps games and no lag i can notice,also didnt notice any diffs in responce, but then again ive had a cheap ball mosue b4 this so maybe nto a good comparison, but its good enough for me, also charging isnt a prob just put mouse in the charger overnight and u can play for next 48hrs w/o stopping

Soldato
When i was playing doom3 on my friends old skool computer the game locked up and that was because logitech software was trying to warn me the battery was low.
my save was gone...

Soldato
I have been using wireless micemouse what ever for years now and they are fine in game CSS, COD2, BF2 you name it!!

I have an MX1000 atm but have had G7 and all sorts never had any lag at all!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom