Wireless keyboards/mice - how far have they come?

Soldato
I just didn't want a tiny laptop mouse. Im sure anything normal sized will work for me. Im right handed so almost any mouse should work.

Just don't want to pay £60+

Something responsive, reliable wireless, nice feel to it, nice buttons. Dont need macro buttons or any fancy buttons.

Logitech MX mouse works fine with my regular PC & laptop no problem

Associate
Well the 502 arrived and mostly it's great but the scroll wheel... In clicky mode it's horrible but in free mode it's generally great but quite often, after scrolling, it moves of its own free will which is massively annoying. I have read bits about this but other than "upgrade firmware" I've seen nothing else.

Any thoughts please?

Associate
I reckon I know what the issue is. It appears that there is a heavy spot on the wheel so as you scroll it round if you drop on the appropriate point then the wheel continues to rotate itself until the heavy spot is at the bottom. Well, that's what it looks like to me anyway....

Man of Honour
@scotty38 yeah sounds like it. i had two 502s and my first one had the same issue.
what i did was to disengage the clutch to use the free scrolling wheel, then engaged the clutch and left it in clicky mode when i didn't need it in free scrolling mode
(or you can just RMA it and get a new one lol)

Associate
@scotty38 yeah sounds like it. i had two 502s and my first one had the same issue.
what i did was to disengage the clutch to use the free scrolling wheel, then engaged the clutch and left it in clicky mode when i didn't need it in free scrolling mode
(or you can just RMA it and get a new one lol)
Thanks, I've been trying to convince myself I'll get used to it but not sure I will. I don't like the clicky mode and to be fair I have a £13 mouse here which is better by a huge margin. I think RMA is going to be the way here.....

Edit: The £13 mouse clicky mode is better, not the whole thing :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I must admit just like @Cavallino I think I am in that old mentality of wireless mice cannot be good for gaming, but I guess things have moved on.

Admittedly I like the idea of not having the weight of the wire, plus as I work and game from home I have to swap around periferals a bit, and not have a wire for my gaming PC mouse would be a benefit in itself.

I like Razor mice, well..... liked Razor mice, I have a Razor deathadder which is pefect in terms of weight, feel etc, but I am starting to question the quality of Razor products as of late, and this is already my second deathadder is just over 2 years (managed to sort out through warranty), and it seems wireless mice are very expensive, I'd be pretty butthurt if I spent £125 on a mouse for it to die 2 months out of warranty.

I hear good things about logitech mice.

Man of Honour
i've only used 3 mice in the last ~11-12 years, all logitech...

Used a G500 for 4 years before the left click went wonky(2012-2016), then changed to the OG G502 and used it for 5 years (2016-2021) and only changed because the rubber on the thumb grip wore down
Now using a wireless G pro bought from the MM - 2 years on and going strong with zero issues (03/2021-)

Logitech mice have zero complaints from me

Associate
As title folks, Im sure my mind is stuck in the stone ages back in the early 2000s when every ms counted in FPS games.
But I understand wireless peripherals have come a long way since then.

I can see a lot of new offerings from Logitech, but Im a bit lost as to which is the best solution out there.

I would be grateful for your input and advice on the options folks, thank you!
I've had the same concerns for the same reasons (I was also in tech in the 2000s and remember how bad wireless was) but I got a Nupy Halo65 of late and the review on Rtings says that the latency is very good for Nuphy keyboards.

It helps that it uses 2.4ghz and Bluetooth with 2.4ghz being very low latency when compared to Bluetooth.

I love my Nuphy and it's a very good keyboard with good battery life and a nice typing experience, I just wish it was a proper UK ISO layout.

Nuphy are in discussions with a UK distributer to sell their products in the UK with UK keycaps etc.

Back
Top Bottom