Wireless mice, worth the hype or extra faff?

Soldato
I'm looking to cut the cords on my desk where possible. For people that have gone wireless:

1. have you noticed any latency or connection issues at all?
2. battery, is it a pain to keep charged?
3. which mouse did you go with and are you happy with it?

I'm basically after a mouse with about 4 thumb buttons (min 3) and don't really care about the rest of the bells and whistles. I like a palm grip.

Thanks for the feedback!

Soldato
OP
Totally worth the hype.
Gone from a Logitech g502 to a Logitech g pro wireless. No latency whatsoever and battery life is excellent. And super light too.
You just had to be the yin to their Yang.

I was looking at the g502 lightspeed myself, how did you find the button layout?

Also, a mouse is one of those things where it really does have to be perfect, so be straight with me: it never pauses at all, never hesitates to "wake up" after a period of inactivity?

Soldato
OP
This might sound weird, but it isn't cable drag I care about. I just have so many cables on my desk that I want less of them.

Mouse, keyboard, headset, hotas, quest 2, trackpad, etc.

So many things plugged in, and tbf some of them are wireless but they are plugged in all the time so I don't forget to charge them when I need them.

Soldato
OP
I've had issues with EMI messing with wireless stuff so I'm a bit interested to know if anyone else has as well. I had to put my wireless dongle for my xbone pad on the front usb ports because it kept cutting out when plugged to the rear IO

Soldato
OP
I think I'm convinced at this point. I just need to find the right mouse. I tried out a g502 yesterday and the thumb buttons just felt a bit wrong (too far away and too close), so I'm back to square one.

Soldato
OP
Is there a wired mouse you used in the past that you liked (in terms of shape, buttons etc)?
Right now I have a roccat Tyon which I quite like, although I find I don't really use the extra finger buttons so I'm leaning towards thumb buttons (currently have 3). The Tyon has a quite handy button on the base of the thumb and then your usual 2 thumb buttons. The g502 was just too much of a stretch to reach that third button.

Soldato
OP
Thank gents, I'm now thoroughly convinced wireless is the way to go and now just need to find the right mouse. I was dead set on the 502 lightspeed, but for hands on with one and couldn't get on with the thumb button positions. I'm now considering a spatha, but I'm thinking I need to see if I can find somewhere to try one out.

Back
Top Bottom