Wireless Mouse recommendations

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking for a wireless gaming mouse recommendation.

I've been using a wired G502 for many years and to be honest the shape and size is pretty spot on for me (I'm palm/claw hybrid, probably more claw than palm). The only problem is the cable often gets caught up because of the way my desk is set up and it is starting to fray so may not have a lot of life in it.

I have been looking at the Gpro but the only problem is, is the lack of buttons. I often play MMORPGs and the extra mouse buttons are extremely useful but if it is that much better than everything else then I could probably a adjust. (As far as I can tell there are only 2 extra buttons, I know you can have 2 on each side but I'm guessing the buttons on the opposite side will be out of reach?).

The only other thing I'm not sure about is I've heard it's quite small so may not be suited to my hybrid grip? I have tried small mice designed for claw grip and did not get on with them.

The G903 also looks quite good although a bit ugly (which I'm not too fused about).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Associate
I just switched over to a G703 with the mouse mat that charges it as you go from a Rival 700 with great success. I didn't like the look of the G903, looks too busy for me.

I don't think the G703 has enough buttons to satisfy you though.

Associate
If you are happy with the G502 mouse itself I wouldn't change it personally.

I would however suggest you look into paracabling it instead (you could then have a longer cable). I have done this with a few mice and it's practically as good as wireless. If you don't want to do it yourself just Google 'Paracable mod', there is a bloke who makes them custom.

While you are at it, you may as well replace the mouse feet with some Hotlines or similar.

Associate
Picked up a Logi G305 for my laptop gaming, and I'm honestly considering binning my Protues on the main PC for a second 305. It's got a lovely feel, and it's wireless to boot, can happily recommend :)

Associate
There's a wireless G502 Lightspeed coming if you can wait for it. Currently rumoured to be 115g and $200. Release date hasn't been confirmed yet afaik but speculation is that it's a couple of months away.

Associate
I had the steelseries wireless and I hated it, so very much.
Went to the G703 and adore it.
Want to get the G Pro wireless when it comes back in stock.

Soldato
OP
In the end I went for both a G pro and a 602. Overkill possibly but I have the best of both worlds now. Haha.

I probably would have held out for the G502 Lightspeed if I'd have known it existed.

Back
Top Bottom