Wireless networking problems

Associate
Hi guys, I don't know if this is a bit irrelevant for this forum, but OCUK's always been the best place for advice I've found.

I just spent an incredibly frustrating 3 hours failing to get an edimax wireless pci card (ew-7128g) to connect to my netgear router (on windows xp) and i was hoping someone here might be able to help.

I've installed the latest drivers, checked dhcp settings (all on automatic), signal strength is excellent yet every time I try to connect to the router it ses 'acquiring network address' and then disconnects, 'acquiring network address', disconnects.

I've tried with encryption on and off and checked all the settings I can think of but to no avail. The card was working brilliantly on my old pc so I though I’d try putting it back in (to make sure I hadn't damaged the actual hardware) and it worked perfectly, put it back in the new PC and its acquiring network address, disconnect.

I'm at something of a wits end.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try adding the netgear router as a prefered network with all the settings and add your Wep/WPA key and reboot then see if it will connect.

I had the same problem connecting my PC to the wireless AP (Linksys) never really worked out what it was but the above solved it.

Back
Top Bottom