Wireless not working properly

Soldato
Hi guys, wounderd if somone could help me with my new Ubuntu install on my laptop...

The laptop is a HP Pavilion zd8369EA ( yes i know its a crappy laptop :p )

And the wireless adapter is Broadcom 802.11 (all i could find on the HP site)

Now my problem is after install the 2pc's are there for the connection, but it cannot dectect any networks while roaming, and carnt connect if i out the information in manualy..

and yes before you say, i am in range, im in range of 3 wireless routers but Ubuntu carnt find any.

Any ideas? as id really like to give linux a shot, but obviously internet is the most important thing to have working for me so i can learn other things etc.

Soldato
OP
Well no reply but this morning i managed to get it working using windows drivers.

After installed and connected to my network i was pretty happy, everything other than the wirless adapter worked "out the box" even the sound (even XP and Vista was a bitch to get my sound working) BUT then it came to installing logmein (yes i know it's a crap way of doing it, but it's the only way i can due to work being silly about it)

So i looked on the logmein website and there is no server for linux, only a plugin for firefox to connect to other computers. So i decided to use WINE, everyhing went fine to the last process of the install where it copys the files over, where it just cancelled the install.

I dont supose anyone has managed to get this working? As ive ran out of ideas

Back
Top Bottom