Wireless problem is driving me nuts!

Associate
I have Belkin wireless G network. About every 10 minutes or so (sometimes less), the network adapter looses my wireless network and connectivity is lost. Though the adapter still recognizes other networks within range, and tries to connect with them.

I have tried another router to see if that's the problem, but I still seem to have the same problem. My signal strength isn't the greatest but it has been fine in the past. One thing I have noticed is that the router seems to be changing channels every now and again of its own accord, even though they have been pre-set. I'm not sure if this is standard practice or hints at a problem.

One last thing, even when it is connected, sometimes it won't even make it to the MSN's homepage, for example, or takes a long time to get there. Could it even be a problem with the ISP?Hopefully all this information might help. I need help from people with a lot more knowledge than I've got.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately, I haven't got another adapter to try. It sounds like it might be that then. I might just take it back and ask for a replacement, and see what they say. I really have had nothing but problems with Belkin. Thanks for the quick reply and advice slylittlefox.

Associate
Belkin seem to have a problem with dropouts at the mo... my vision router did until i updated the firmware, thats worth a try aside from that .. move to someone who can make stable wireless systems ... i will be next time i upgrade

Associate
Unfortunately, I haven't got another adapter to try. It sounds like it might be that then. I might just take it back and ask for a replacement, and see what they say. I really have had nothing but problems with Belkin. Thanks for the quick reply and advice slylittlefox.

No problems - have to admit I've had the same experience with them, and no longer use their kit as a result. A friend can also testify, with his brand new Belkin WiFi N capable router being a load of cack (random crashes, wireless range poor etc).

Hope you get it sorted
icon14.gif

Back
Top Bottom