Wireless Signal issues.

Soldato
hi i have recently moved my laptop into the bedroom which is directly above the router which is downstairs.

This signal downstairs was superb and never lost signal ever,however in the bedroom i lose signal atleast 4-5 times at night for around 30seconds to 1 minute at a time.

im with Be and have a Be wireless router which never has no problems with my wired desktop computer,so it must be the signal strength.

If i bought a wirless N router would i get a better signal that what im getting now with the Be router or is there any other routers i can currently buy to solve this problem?

Associate
Wireless N in practice does not provide a better signal unfortunately.

It's pretty much the same with with all these newer high speed data cables, the faster the potential throughput the shorter the range.

Saying that, it's more likely that a newer wiresless N router will have multiple aerials and possibly dual bands, resulting in a much better wireless setup, giving you longer range and a more stable connection.

Try changing the channel your router is broadcasting on, you maybe getting interference with other wireless devices.

Soldato
OP
Wireless N in practice does not provide a better signal unfortunately.

It's pretty much the same with with all these newer high speed data cables, the faster the potential throughput the shorter the range.

Saying that, it's more likely that a newer wiresless N router will have multiple aerials and possibly dual bands, resulting in a much better wireless setup, giving you longer range and a more stable connection.

Try changing the channel your router is broadcasting on, you maybe getting interference with other wireless devices.
Thanks for the reply i forgot about changing the channel,Doh

Back
Top Bottom