Wiring Sub in Ford Mondeo

Associate
Hi,

I have a Ford Mondeo and wish to wire the power from the battery to the sub in the boot.

I would like to know how to feed the power cable to the boot. Are there any particular holes i can feed the wire through from the battery to the inside of the car leading to the boot.

Thanks.

Soldato
underworldmagic said:
Hi,

I have a Ford Mondeo and wish to wire the power from the battery to the sub in the boot.

I would like to know how to feed the power cable to the boot. Are there any particular holes i can feed the wire through from the battery to the inside of the car leading to the boot.

Thanks.

I just wired it up under the door sills the put it to the far right of the seats and into the boot you can tuck it pretyt well under most sills/carpet dont know the layout of a mondy though, but its the easiest way to do it :)

Associate
Did one of these not too long ago.

Just behind the battery etc you should see a rubber bung like thing attached to some metal with wires sticking out of it.

Either make a hole in that or try and pry it off. Feed the cable back through an it should appear underneath the glove box. If it doesnt then you'd probably be best off getting a mechanic out before you start driving anywhere!!! :p

Soldato
Yep as above, slit the bung mentioned and feed a coat hanger through. Remove glovebox and drop down fusebox to gain access. It can be a right royal pain to do, it certainly was on my car but I got there in the end.

Soldato
The first time I put a sub and amp in the mondeo it took me over an hour to figure out how to get the power cable through the bulkhead.

After that it's plain sailing, take the internal skirt off of one side and run the cable all the way along under it. You could just tuck it under to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom