Witcher 3

Soldato
Edit: Sorry linked to PC thread.

I too am really looking forward to it and I hope it doesn't come out around the same time as the new Dragon Age as I'll only have time to play one :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Does this lead from the previous games? I presume they are self contained RPGs? By the time I got into RPGs I kinda stopped gaming on my PC so missed these, but aware its got a dedicated fanbase. So annoying not having the time to game when such games come out :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
There is back story and politics etc but I don't think it's really essential. I played the Witcher 2 without having played the original and still got immersed.

Associate
Playing #2 at the moment with a 360 controller. Will have to try and see what the ultra settings are like on my 7950. I'm guessing i won't be playing on high with #3 :o

Soldato
I didn't even know it was coming out in 2014 - I just assumed 2015 so that's OK!

Sounds like they care about making the game to a high standard of quality and that's a good thing.

Games are more complex than ever and some of the visions developers are having are very ambitious so at least they realise early on that it'll take longer than expected. Better than finding out a month before release, or just releasing it then patching things in later.

Still plenty coming out in 2014 so once the big games hit that extra time will fly by. Destiny is out in September, so Sept-Feb will just dissapear!

Associate
I didn't even know it was coming out in 2014 - I just assumed 2015 so that's OK!

Sounds like they care about making the game to a high standard of quality and that's a good thing.

Games are more complex than ever and some of the visions developers are having are very ambitious so at least they realise early on that it'll take longer than expected. Better than finding out a month before release, or just releasing it then patching things in later.

Very good point mate, still sucks Donkey b***s :( lol

Soldato
Very good point mate, still sucks Donkey b***s :( lol

lol yes it still does! :p

I've never played either of the other 2 in the series although I have seen the 2nd one being played for a few hours and it looked good - I just didn't have time to try it myself.

This one does look amazing though so far so waiting 12 months will be a pain!
But I'm sure once other good games hit in the next few months we can forget about it for a while then it'll come around quickly.

Soldato
Lets hope theis doesnt show up after the delay looking as bad as watch dogs does then and now! Not that i was after that game any way but that looks like a kick in the teeth for those interested in that one

Associate
Probably my most anticipated game of the year. Can't wait!

That and Destiny/Titanfall of course ;)

I have to be honest in that I had played or even heard of The Witcher games before but having seen the trailer for #3 I was totally sold on it - the game looks mighty impressive.

Now I just have to decide whether to buy it on either my xb1/pc/both!

Associate
Does it matter that I haven't played Witcher 1. I wouldn't mind playing Witcher 2 before this comes out, looks right up my street kindalike Skyrim'ish yes?

I say get it mate, I never played the first one either, and I only just played the second and loved it, was exactly my kind of game, its not easy but it aint while difficult either.

Its a must buy mate, I even bought a second hand 360 just to play this one game.........worth it :)

Associate
I say get it mate, I never played the first one either, and I only just played the second and loved it, was exactly my kind of game, its not easy but it aint while difficult either.

Its a must buy mate, I even bought a second hand 360 just to play this one game.........worth it :)

Thats good advice IMO - I picked up Witcher 2 on Steam a few weeks ago and think it tells enough of the story to mean you dont miss out too much.

I definitely need a controller though, too many keys to use otherwise - especially for a console boy like me!

Back
Top Bottom