With or without decals?

Soldato
Toying with the idea of removing the large "RSV" decals on the side panels of my Mille.

What do you reckon?. With or without? :-

With

renes2.jpg

Without

renes1.jpg

Have to admit I'm liking it without them on.

Soldato
OP
The strange thing is, the "RSV" decals are not actually OEM. The 2000MY Mille in red never came with those as standard, straight from the crate. I'm assuming the previous owner added them. It would appear to have been a common added decal for that model year.

Soldato
OP
This thread seems mighty familiar! :D .

I like it with, the OEM look and with the decals/paintwork in as good condition as your bike has, I think it would be a shame to remove them.

Thanks mate, just replied to your post over on the Zone. :D

Without, are all the others laquered over being original?

Nope, Aprilia are actually known for not bothering to laquer over most of their bikes decals ( at and around that model year and slightly later ) so they would be straightforward to remove.

Here it is with the Dunlop removed from the carbon mudguard and the iP decal binned too :-

renes3.jpg

There's a lad over on the RSVZone forums who has de-stickered his Mille, same year as mine ( although he has Arrow shotgun cans on his instead of my high mount Renegade system ), which was the catalyst for getting me thinking as to whether to de-sticker mine or not :-

pdx1.jpg

pdx2.jpg

Soldato
Here's mine without:

P1010813.jpg

I miss my bike :(

I still love you Isabella Aprilia :(

And yes when I removed the Michelin men there were scratches underneath. As I knew there would be, deep down. :/

Back
Top Bottom