• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Without Abuse... Anyone got their 2900 xt's yet??

Associate
Good day to all who ordered one of ATI latest flops (lol only kidding)
Im still waiting by the door for my new edition,
has anyone already got theirs in yet?

hows it playing?

Associate
OP
before OCuk started using citylink to deliver i used to get my orders very 1st thing, 9 am on the dot practically.

now i have to wait til about 12/1pm :(

Associate
Mine hasn't arrived but should be here before 12.
Citylink still has it up as "goods loaded on to van" and that was at 7 am this morning, surely it can't take that long to put my card on a van :D
I will post pics as soon as I have it through the door.

Associate
i can imagine all of you sitting by the windows staring at the road waiting for the city link van and then rushing down the stairs like a kid whos just seen an ice cream van :p

Suspended
I have found myself getting excited at the mere sight of a CityLink van due to constantly waiting on them for sexy new computer parts.

Associate
i tend to suffer utter rage from all the times i've had those horrible little cards through the letter box

i can hear the postman ringing the bell for special deliverys, but apparently when city link presses the button the noise goes quieter

Soldato
elfy said:
i tend to suffer utter rage from all the times i've had those horrible little cards through the letter box

i can hear the postman ringing the bell for special deliverys, but apparently when city link presses the button the noise goes quieter

The level of skill required for a driver to throw a card through your letter box at a distance of 30yards whilst travelling at 30mph, eating a sandwich and talking on the mobile, is indeed, truly immense. I just don't know how they do it! :D

Best of luck to you fellas, please do let us know how you get on :)

Caporegime
Servo said:
It's worse if the citylink van goes past your house without stopping :p

Its worse when they leave the stuff at the neighbours house and they arnt in till later on in the evening. It pretty hard to fit through a cat flap. :(

Soldato
Gotta agree - the waiting for the van while being fun is also so agonising - especially if as Servo says it goes past your house without stopping!

I would have caved in and bought something lately - but am going to wait till the summer once I've got some time to fully enjoy putting something new together !

Associate
May I present to you...The HIS HD2900XT :D

FLURL-dot-com-252230_HIS_001.JPG

FLURL-dot-com-252230_HIS_002.JPG

Initial impressions are that this card is very heavy but seems very robust.
Also, the HIS version has no adaptor for the 8-pin included :(
With this you recieve:
-Card,
-Composite cables, tv cables
-HDMI thingie
-VGA-DVI adaptor
-driver cd
-Bonus dvd with the following:

-Dungeon siege FULL GAME
-Demos, rollercoaster tycoon 3, hf2, act of war: direct action, tribes vengeance, axis & allies
-Cyberlink DVD Solution 4 FULL VERSION
-free trial of:

-PowerDVD copy
-Power Backup
-Labelprint
-Jukebox

And of course, the free copy of the Valve Black Box :)

Caporegime
LLBDTiberio said:
May I present to you...The HIS HD2900XT :D

Initial impressions are that this card is very heavy but seems very robust.
Also, the HIS version has no adaptor for the 8-pin included :(
With this you recieve:
-Card,
-Composite cables, tv cables
-HDMI thingie
-VGA-DVI adaptor
-driver cd
-Bonus dvd with the following:

-Dungeon siege FULL GAME
-Demos, rollercoaster tycoon 3, hf2, act of war: direct action, tribes vengeance, axis & allies
-Cyberlink DVD Solution 4 FULL VERSION
-free trial of:

-PowerDVD copy
-Power Backup
-Labelprint
-Jukebox

And of course, the free copy of the Valve Black Box :)

:eek:

I want one now. :D

Where is Tom and his?

Associate
Fire her up! I'd really like an idea of the heat/noise levels if you don't mind posting them. Especially noise, I run my PC in the front room so if the TV has to compete with the din this card will be a no go for me.

Gift.

Associate
Giftmacher said:
Fire her up! I'd really like an idea of the heat/noise levels if you don't mind posting them. Especially noise, I run my PC in the front room so if the TV has to compete with the din this card will be a no go for me.

Gift.

Unfortunately I have an exam from 2.30 to 4 today, but as soon as i'm back I will let you guys know :D
Hopefully Tom doesn't have anything to do today so he can indulge us with some early benchies.
Meh, been tasked with writing the review for my PC society :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I would like to hear from you guys actually getting the cards what you think to noise levels.

Because when I tested an ATI card some weeks ago I found it to be in my oppinion that it was silent. However I have been flamed for saying this but now its coming to light that it could have indeed been the drivers I was using which made the card so quiet.

So with this I am interested to hear what people have to say regarding noise levels and if different driver revisions have had any effect.

From my meeting yesterday evening with ATI and have informed them of several driver issues regardings games especially with AA and AF enabled along with fan speed settings. They say they shall be working very hard on drivers and watching several forums closely because end users can give them vital feedback which their own testing cannot. So expect lots of drivers fixes over the next few weeks. :)

Back
Top Bottom