WLAN radio on/off

Associate
Hi guys, hope you can help.

Im currently trying to get my dad/stepmum's WLAN set up - unfortunately theyre in france, so we're doing over msn - not the easiest way!

Anway, my dad's hp laptop is running fine, wlan is running, and its picked itself up on its own ad-hoc network. However, my stepmum is using a Sony vaio VGN-FJ1. There is a switch on the front for turning on the WLAN, and when this is switched on there is supposed to be an LED that comes on. As can only be expected with computers, it doesnt.

"never mind", i thought... we'll get to that later.

So, later, i instructed my dad to set the ad-hoc channel so that it matched his laptop. A message was brought up informing us that this wouldnt matter, because the WLAN radio was switched off. This is obviously a software switch somewhere in the settings... but where? I know i have switched it on my one at some point, but cannot find it for the life of me!

Please help!

many thanks,

Ferg.

Soldato
Is the wireless network connection enabled under Network Connections in Windows?

Some notebooks use a Fn + (key) combination to turn on the wireless radio too. My Dell uses Fn + F2. There should be symbols on the F-keys to indicate which though.

Back
Top Bottom