Women's Olympic Football Tournament ** spoilers **

Caporegime
No idea, both teams have wasted about 100 sitters in front of goal between them, it's strange that the only goal has come from a 25 yard freekick.

Associate
Why does this seem worse than mens pub football? On a serious note I think you could have a division 2 team up against them and it would be a walkover.

I put it on with an open mind, but... it really is shocking!

Soldato
I agree, every aspect is pretty poor in comparision to the mens game at any level.

Switched to France V USA and the quality seems better for sure.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Does anyone else feel that the amount of press and publicity that womens football has been getting over the past few years is somewhat its worst enemy. Do we really want to draw attention to the standard of the top level womens game? Wouldn't it be better to wait until it is actually watchable before we hold it up and say "this is womens football".

Soldato
Game between North Korea and Columbia delayed because of a mix up of flags.

Organisers apparently showed the South Korean flag next to players names rather than the North Korean flag! :eek::D

This led to the North Korean ladies refusing to play.

Associate
North Korea match delayed due to South Korean flag being shown instead of theirs.. Although considering how bad the male North Korean team was I suspect nothing happening is probably going to be more interesting than the entire match..

EDIT: Beaten like a ginger step child.

Caporegime
The attendance at Hampden must about in the few hundreds if that?

They're going to end up giving tickets away! And lol at the flag mix up!

Caporegime
I just read that 30,000 tickets were actually given away?!? Maybe they'll have to pay people to go see it instead?

Aber Town are playing Swansea in a friendly right now, probably a bigger attendance there!

Back
Top Bottom