Wont load into Windows?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Came home today and turned on my PC, came back after a minute or two and my screen had the Windows logo in the background all blurred out and the options to "shut down" "restart" and "sleep" were in the bottom right..

I couldnt do anything else apart from click the "restart" option, and it now has booted into W10 and running great??

It didnt crash or fail, as the mouse was still responsive, just as though it "didnt quite" load in to W10? :confused:

Associate
Well, if you really want to dig, you could review all the event logs (Run: eventvwr.msc).

AFAIK, the ntbtlog.txt in the Windows folder is only created if you set boot logging in msconfig, so you shouldn't find anything there unless you previously turned it on.

Thing about digging in Event Viewer and logs, is that you can dig for hours and still not find anything. If there is anything in Event Viewer, it would probably be in the System Log but it gets very busy in there!

Soldato
OP
Well, if you really want to dig, you could review all the event logs (Run: eventvwr.msc).

AFAIK, the ntbtlog.txt in the Windows folder is only created if you set boot logging in msconfig, so you shouldn't find anything there unless you previously turned it on.

Thing about digging in Event Viewer and logs, is that you can dig for hours and still not find anything. If there is anything in Event Viewer, it would probably be in the System Log but it gets very busy in there!

Yeah, to avoid a lot of hassle, I think my system could do with a fresh plate on Windows 10. So swithering weather to do this or not..?

Soldato
OP
Right, been booting fine for 3-4 days, but today..well..

Started into W10, mouse, keyboard etc all working, apart from the taskbar? Couldnt click on the W10 start menu, couldnt click the audio / time etc.. options dow the bottom right??

I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to then select the restart option down the bottom right after C-A-D?? When doing so it said there were some programs running, so had to tell the PC, yes! restart! But in the menu of open programs, it had a red circle with the white cross in it, and next to it just said - EXPLORER.exe

Is that some software issue?

I have now booted up and as before, when in W10 works flawlessly????

Soldato
OP
Well, must been corruption somewhere. I have had my new clean install of W10 for 11 days now and had not a single problem loading into windows.

I bought an official copy, USB W10 and a lifetime license, not sure if anything to do with it but glad I got it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom