Woo! Finally a day in the garage! I'm a garage spastic!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Had a beer with a couple of London Retro-Riders on Thursday night and the subject of garage spasticity came up. This is when you haven't been in the garage for some time and on your triumphant return to the toolbox, you find you've turned into a garage spastic and can't remember how to use a spanner :D

This was me today and yesterday.

I took Friday off work to do some spannering and I was surprised how little got done. I managed to get the steering box off the hotrod (which I was amazed I did with so few hand injuries and so much mess) and I fixed the fuelling problem. Rubber fuel hose is useless - it's official. It must have been going for ages because I was having starting problems for a long time and thought there was a carb problem, but I'm hoping it was the hose causing it.

Today was a bit more serious. I took the exhausts off the car to patch up the holes and try and seal them up a bit better, then give them a lick of EHT paint. Well it's taken me a whole day to do that and every tool in the garage. And to cap it all off, the exhausts are still leaning on the garage wall and the bonnet is stuffed under the car out in the carpark :D

But it doesn't matter, because my hands are smashed to bits, dry, black, and my fingernails are irreversibly dirty and I'm happy :)

Anyone else get out today? How much of a garage spastic are you?

Back
Top Bottom