Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Soldato
I normally rejoice at the clocks going back, it's like a major milestone on the way to my favourite time of year. However I'm not so happy with it this time, I'm on the night shift this weekend that's an extra hour in work...

Soldato
Why celebrate darker evenings? :confused:

It's winter, the Earth's axis has tilted away from our sun. It's going to get darker in the evenings anyway - but at least now without any nonsensical interference with the time. UTC all around. Woot. No more fudging around with generating locales to adapt from UTC to UTC+1/BST nonsense... for a while, anyway. God bless GMT. :D

Soldato
As someone who gets polymorphic light eruption, the dark is generally my friend, but I lose all my tolerance to the sun over winter so the first hot day of summer and I'm buggered. I basically get something akin to prickly heat over my entire body and my face swells up if I'm out in the midday sun for more than 30 mins or so (mercifully after a couple weeks of careful exposure I'm generally okay, but summer holidays somewhere sunny are basically something I dread) . Bring on the darkness!

Don
Bah. I'm bloody miserable from the time the clocks go back until then go forward again......then I'm miserable from then until they go back again. Actually, I'm just bloody miserable.

Caporegime
They should just pick one and fix it tbh... probably GMT - then again I live on the Greenwich Meridian line so am a bit biased perhaps! It is completely arbitrary tbh..

3e64z1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom