Woohoo, my bits arrived today :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
A day late due to supreme amounts of incompetence by City Link, but all my parts arrived today:

C2D E6300
Gigabyte DS4
2GB Geil PC6400 800MHz DDR2
HIS IceQ 3 ATI X1900XT 512mb
Scythe Infinity
Pioneer 111d DVD/RW
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB
Seasonic S12 430w
Antec Super Lanboy
Acer AL2216W 22" Widescreen LCD

I was a bit concerned the DS4/Infinity/Super Lanboy combination wouldn't work together, but it all fits like a glove. The build went without a hitch, and it booted perfectly first time.

I went straight into the bios and set mem voltage and timing, then installed windows and all drivers, again it all went beautifully. I was shocked at how fast windows installed :eek:

Just got to update the bios now, install some stress tests to check stability, then it's time to see what she'll O/C too :D

That'll have to wait till tonight though because I had to come to work :(

BTW I took some piccies but forgot to upload them before coming to work :o

Last edited:
The lanboy is excellent! I just transfered my parts from my old case today.

Sonata II was meant to be quiet... this is a million times quieter! Really, the difference is ridiculous.

Have fun with it. I just need to get some cathodes now, would have ordered some but OCuK were out of the ones I wanted.

Cheers guys, can't wait to start tweaking :D

Rivey: Yeah I can't believe how quiet this system is, I can hardly tell it's on :cool:

The Scythe Infinity seems awesome too, it was sitting at just 17 degrees in the BIOS, that only went up to low 20's during the install :eek:

Is that right, it seems almost to good to be true?

It'll be interesting to see what it goes to under some real load.

Last edited:
Nice setup :)
The ds4 dios i think is abit low with temps, something like core temp should give you some more realistic temps.
good luck with your OC's

Nice one drexel, my missing bits arrived today too.

Just wondering, did you have to press F6 and install 3rd party SATA drivers for your new HDD, or do they jsut come with windows??? Im a little confused as with my old DFI infinity (socket A) i ahve a floppy to install the sata/raid drivers ?

ta

adfinni said:
Nice one drexel, my missing bits arrived today too.

Just wondering, did you have to press F6 and install 3rd party SATA drivers for your new HDD, or do they jsut come with windows??? Im a little confused as with my old DFI infinity (socket A) i ahve a floppy to install the sata/raid drivers ?

ta

Nope, windows picked up the SATA drive and installed with no need to install a 3rd party driver.

In the process of overclocking at the moment, Orthos is running as I type this, only 2.2ghz at the moment but it's just the first step ;)

Back
Top Bottom