Word Processing - to widescreen or not widescreen ?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Hi all

I'm soon to buy a new screen and I'm almost certain that I'd like it to be a 20" widescreen. However I soon have to do a fair bit of word processing and I'm wondering how good these widescreen monitors are for word processing.

Would it be possible for someone to post a photo of a word document on a widescreen display, and also a document on a 4:3 19" display but maybe rotated into portrait mode, as I imagine that would be the best configuration for this task.

If there isn't much difference then I could wait for a good widescreen display to come along, else I could just go and buy a VP930 and know that I'm getting a quality screen!

Thanks

Soldato
Hi - what problems do you anticipate using a widescreen for word processing?

My experiences were positive, if the document had more than one page Word would span two pages on the screen which was useful. Alternatively you can have Word on one side of the screen and MSN or MediaPlayer open on the other.

Associate
Yeah i have mine spanned over two pages on my 2005fpw.

If your feeling in the mood to work your butt off on word processing i tilt it 90 degrees so my screen is in portrait view and is perfect for word processing.

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

OP
PieEater said:
Hi - what problems do you anticipate using a widescreen for word processing?

My experiences were positive, if the document had more than one page Word would span two pages on the screen which was useful. Alternatively you can have Word on one side of the screen and MSN or MediaPlayer open on the other.

Does that mean two pages in the 'editting' view ? (as opposed to print preview?) ...as this would be pretty useful !

Soldato
Seirrah said:
Does that mean two pages in the 'editting' view ? (as opposed to print preview?) ...as this would be pretty useful !
Yup - exactly what I mean, when the window is maximised the editing space is obviously wider than on a standard monitor and word will automatically place two pages on the screen as long as you are not magnifying the page you are working on so it takes up more than 50% of the workspace.

Back
Top Bottom