Wordpress / Drag and Drop?

Associate
After some help with the wonderful world of Wordpress please.....

A friend has started a new business and based on the fact that (apparently) I 'know stuff about computers' has asked if I can build him a simple website. He already has the hosting and domain name. However, my only experience with building websites was years ago using a program called Serif WebPlus and to be honest my efforts were amateur to say the least!

I've had a bit of a play with Wordpress and mananged to get a page up with the business name, logo and contact details - but that's it! Could anyone recommend a plugin/there which is a bit more graphical or drag and drop in nature, or am I better getting 'Wordpress for Dummies' and sitting in a darkened room for a few days and learn a new skill?

Associate
Visual Composer has served me well in the past - clients seem to like it. It's paid (~£30 iirc), but works nicely. Might be worth googling for free alternatives and seeing what the consensus is?

Associate
OP
Thanks - I shall have a look at that. I've been trying to use the 'Make' theme this evening but for some reason it won't allow me to edit banners or columns or galleries once I've initially added content to them....:(

Soldato
I just resorted to a paid theme from Themeforest myself and I've bought a few now for different purposes. I can quite happily recommend Jupiter, Avada and BeTheme. All three include drag and drop content builders (Visual Composer in Jupiter's case) and BeTheme offers both Visual Composer and its own drag and drop builder, but it's not initially clear how each work, so if you're considering purchasing one perhaps go for one of the others if you favour relative simplicity.

I think the most beautiful theme I've used is The7 (also uses Visual Composer), which is gorgeous in my opinion, but it's not the most efficient (the featured images in blog lists are full size and scaled down for example), but I've always liked it. It's on offer at the moment too.

Jupiter is the one I'm using for work at the moment, and it's a much more rounded experience than The7 and BeTheme, but not quite as fancy. Avada is a solid all rounder but it takes a bit of effort in the options to get it looking decent in my opinion.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm currently playing with SiteOrigin Page Builder which seems more like what I was looking for and is free :). It looks fairly useful - however, what it is highlighting is my shocking lack of design skill :(. I'll see how I get on with this and if my friend wants some more sophisitcation I shall look at Gav's suggestions...

Back
Top Bottom