Wordpress Theme Editors - Which one?!

Associate
Folks,

I have been surfing the World Wide Web from my IBM-compatible Personal Computer for quite a few years. Building systems, out of things bought from our hosts. Last week, i tried to build a web-site: a public profile for a new company. Holly shi-zzzz-le. Lost. Baffled.

Website building seems a frenetic and frantic world, where lots of people are trying to sell software. I stumbled into Namecheap, played around with the free Wordpress themes - and cannot make them look anything look decent.

I'm now awash in trying to choose between theme providers (Divi, Elementor, xxx). Is there not a Gold Standard approach to this - something akin to Photoshop for image editing etc? I tried searching the forum, but all i could see was detailed stuff about hosts - not really at this level right now!

All i need is a landing page - something a little more tasteful and individual that the generic "coming soon" ones scattered across the internet. The key thing is there are a particular set of fonts i am trying to upload.

In terms of technical ability, hardware is my favourite. I use Python for work, have tinkered with apps - and love graphic design stuff. For print! None of which seems to be helping with this simple bit of web design. Happy to learn a platform, but don't know which one it should be.

Equally, if this things starts moving, i will get a pro on the job. I just need something that looks smart whilst we talk to potential investors.....

Wondering if i should have gone with Square Space or something more off-the-shelf.....

Thoughts? Please!

Back
Top Bottom