Wordpress

Associate
In the middle of teaching myself PHP at the moment, but wanted a website up anyway which required no real fuss, so i've decided on using wordpress - i've got it installed, and set up and even modied the theme to suit my needs.

I simply wanted to come here, assuming people have this package set up themseleves - what plugins / extensions are must haves?

Akismet is the only one i have active at the moment, which should be useful if my previous wordpress blog was anything to go by!

Associate
OP
Your blog doesnt work for me in firefox for some reason, the site looks like this

orderoftheflame.jpg

However it works fine and looks fantastic in Internet explorer, which is odd!

Associate
OP
Didnt take long for the next question, did it?

I've done a few test posts with some images in them, however no matter which ways i try i cant align it in the center?

I try the button to align it, i try the 'center' radio button on the insert image screen, and it centers it in the creation text box, but when published it aligns to the left.

Am i doing something wrong?

Associate
OP
Thanks fini, i realised afterwards even though the text align makes it look like it works - it actually doesnt, when adding the image if i chose center align before playing around with any other alignment options, it actually worked straight away - so it was me doing things in the wrong order!

I'll add that to my CSS anyway, as it will make it slightly quicker!

Back
Top Bottom