Words fail me!

Man of Honour
And this is why I never believe newspaper stories until I hear the other version.

Isn't this the woman that was repeatedly told to stop by an onlooking policeman and in the end he had to arrest her?

Soldato
Right what she did was wrong but she would never have had to resort to "violence" if the little ****** didn't throw stones in the first place and abused her verbally. If she actually has been having stones thrown at her house before this incident that is.

Edit - wow people making it sound like they've never lost the rag before after been provoked over a long period of time. :rolleyes:

Associate
Theres 2 sides to every story, but either way if that kid was throwing stones then he needs to be the one arrested...

And this is the reason (one of them anyway) why old people get abused and won't do anything about it.

Man of Honour
Right what she did was wrong but she would never have had to resort to "violence" if the little ****** didn't throw stones in the first place and abused her verbally. If she actually has been having stones thrown at her house before this incident that is.

I totally agree 100% but -

1 - You don't go ape in front of a copper when there's no proof the lad did anything wrong

2 - I believe the lad was throwing stones but why?
Both the neighbours directly opposite are now dead but they had no clue how to handle youngsters in the street.
I would go out and say something like 'Alright lads, don't kick the ball too hard' where they would go out and say '**** *** you little scrotes and play down your own ******* end' (or similar).
Guess who got the trouble?
Even with scrotes it doesn't hurt to be civil but I do know that some wouldn't listen no matter how nice you were.

Soldato
I totally agree 100% but -

I don't know why either. Unfortunately a lot of people which seem to be around my age :)mad:) find it fun to torment people in such ways and he more than likely just got his kicks out of it. When there is a police officer yeah you wait till he goes away (;)) first.

We don't know the history behind it and if we did we would have a better out look and probably have a different opinion. As it stands though the solid evidence is she was in the wrong. If not before but now... which I think is sad because the boy is probably smiling away to himself just now.

Bit of a long post, sorry.

The story the BBC tells only shows one side of the story and if the kid really was guilty of throwing stones it was ridiculous. It seems that the problem with a lot of old people is that they assume that if some youngster is doing something bad to them, then all of the youngsters are guilty, so the kid she threatened may well have been innocent. If I were in his position and I had been accused like that when I had done nothing, I would be tempted to start throwing stones at her window in future...

Unfortunately we do hear plenty of stories where low IQ thugs abuse the law abiding people, then when that person has had enough and finally breaks, they are the ones who get into trouble. I imagine the press is guilty on putting a spin on a lot of these, but for those that are true, it really doesn't bode well for the country :(

Associate
Even with scrotes it doesn't hurt to be civil

I agree, the people who used to live here before we moved in used to get a LOT of trouble from the kids around the area, however she was the type to go out yelling as many expletives as possible, she also called the counsil on a number of occasions when the kids were playing footboot on the street...

...now we've moved in and sure, we've had the ball hit our window and what not, but we go out, speak civilally, normally something along the lines of "Don't mind you playing football but could you be careful not to get it into the garden/windows/etc", the kids normally apologise and we've never had any real trouble from them AND the football stopped coming in, score.

Soldato
1 - You don't go ape in front of a copper when there's no proof the lad did anything wrong

Even with scrotes it doesn't hurt to be civil but I do know that some wouldn't listen no matter how nice you were.

We don't know how far she has been pushed by these youths behaving badly. It is possible she just snapped and thus was heedless to the police.

With regards to being civil, I agree it is always better to be civil. However, the parents of these youths should have been better at applying some discipline. I was always taught to respect my elders.

Back
Top Bottom