work and pension

Permabanned
so my work keep taking pension out of my wage .. after me opting out i have my own .. they take one or two months i complain .. it stops 2 months later it starts again ..
thing is i then have to wait 2-3 months before i get it back ..
can i complain to the financial services ombudsman ?

Soldato
I wouldn't be going to the FSO to complain about my own employer unless I really hated my job and didn't give monkey about my future prospects. Maybe you should ask them why contributions were deducted from you salary after you had previously told them to stop?

Soldato
They have a duty to re enrol you every year if you opt out but it shouldn't happen every 2 months unless its the same time that the policy has an anniversary. Its odd opting out, you lose the money you would have got from them so it doesn't make much sense. Would make more sense to stick with it and have your own as a side one, if you leave the job then combine to your main.

Permabanned
OP
They have a duty to re enrol you every year if you opt out but it shouldn't happen every 2 months unless its the same time that the policy has an anniversary. Its odd opting out, you lose the money you would have got from them so it doesn't make much sense. Would make more sense to stick with it and have your own as a side one, if you leave the job then combine to your main.
it would if i intended on working full time past 60 :) .. i've had mine for 25+ yrs .. only 3 yrs to go :)
I wouldn't be going to the FSO to complain about my own employer unless I really hated my job and didn't give monkey about my future prospects. Maybe you should ask them why contributions were deducted from you salary after you had previously told them to stop?
ahh always never give a monkeys .. lol :)

Soldato
I'm not sure why anyone would decline a company pension unless your circumstances mean your contribution no matter how small is not affordable. Or you have already maxed your pot.

Proximity to retirement, outside of the two factors above, should have no bearing. Unless I'm overlooking something.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure why anyone would decline a company pension unless your circumstances mean your contribution no matter how small is not affordable. Or you have already maxed your pot.

Proximity to retirement, outside of the two factors above, should have no bearing. Unless I'm overlooking something.
Depends if you ever expect to retire.

Permabanned
OP
Guess op is either rich, about to retire or *****
3 yrs .. not rich .. but affordable on what we have .. my family don't live past 70 .. my dad was ****** for the last 10 yrs of his life he died at 72 out lived his brothers he was the oldest .. 5 generations non lived past 65 ... i just want a bit of time to myself semi retire at 60 and hope for the best ... 3 yrs to go ... :)

Soldato

It's every 3 years to be auto enrolled back, if you have opted out. Not every year.

Associate
Seems a no brainer just to take the pension?

I recently increased my contributions, 8% of salary and my employer puts in 12% , so 20% a month of my salary goes into my pension , hopefully by the time I’ll retire I’ll be sitting on circa 500k

Back
Top Bottom