Work - Leaving Emails

Soldato
Anyone ever sent a email to colleagues etc. that was cheeky/rude when they left the company? I found a few on the internet and think they're hilarious.

Don
One guy that left my old work sent an email round naming the girls that he'd 'slept' with in the toilets on the empty office floor.

Sent to all employees, that caused a stir!

Soldato
OP
'Dear Co-Workers,

As many of you probably know, tomorrow is my last day. But before I leave, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know what a great and distinct pleasure it has been to type "Tomorrow is my last day."

For nearly as long as I've worked here, I've hoped that I might one day leave this company. And now that this dream has become a reality, please know that I could not have reached this goal without your unending lack of support. Words cannot express my gratitude for the words of gratitude you did not express.

I would especially like to thank all of my managers: in an age where miscommunication is all too common, you consistently impressed and inspired me with the sheer magnitude of your misinformation. It takes a strong man to admit his mistake - it takes a stronger man to attribute his mistake to me.

Over the year and a half, you have taught me more than I could ever ask for and, in most cases, ever did ask for. I have been fortunate enough to work with some absolutely interchangeable supervisors on a wide variety of seemingly identical projects - an invaluable lesson in overcoming daily tedium in overcoming daily tedium in overcoming daily tedium.

Your demands were high and your patience short, but I take great solace knowing that my work was, as stated on my annual review, "mostly satisfactory." That is the type of praise that sends a woman home happy after even a 10 hour day, smiling her way through half a bottle of mostly satisfactory scotch.

And to most of my peers: even though we barely acknowledged each other within these office walls, I hope that in the future, should we pass on the street, you will regard me the same way as I regard you: sans eye contact.

But to those few souls with whom I've actually interacted, here are my personalized notes of farewell:

To X : I will always remember sharing lunch with you, despite having clearly labeled it with my name.

To Y : I will miss detecting your flatulence as much as you will clearly miss walking past my cubicle to deliver it.

And finally, to Z : you were right - I tested positive. We'll talk later.

So, in parting, if I could pass on any word of advice to the individual who will soon be filling my position, it would be to cherish this experience like a sponge and soak it up like a good woman, because a job opportunity like this comes along only once in a lifetime.

Meaning : if I had to work here again in this lifetime, I would sooner kill myself.

Very truly yours',

Associate
I sent one to colleagues basically taking the **** out of the company and changed the company signature (which had a green frog in it) to use the Crazy Frog.

Nothing to rebellious!

My gf said "I wish I could said I've enjoyed my time here, but I can't!" when she left the same company! lol.

Soldato
No point burning your bridges when you leave to be honest. You never know who talks to who and somebody at your company may know somebody at the company you end up working for.

Also you may be back, you never know.

Caporegime
No point burning your bridges when you leave to be honest. You never know who talks to who and somebody at your company may know somebody at the company you end up working for.

Also you may be back, you never know.

^^^ this tbh...

though most of the people getting all wound up and writing e-mails like these likely just sucked at their jobs and spent several years getting stressed about it before actually bothering to finally go get another job...

Man of Honour
It's one of those situations where you have an opportunity to demonstrate one's scathing wit, and be a 'legend' for the rest of the day.

However, I rather suspect the afterglow is shortlived and is probably outweighed by any potential detrimental effect it could have as mentioned above.

Around 8 people leaving my work tomorrow, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Soldato
its not worth leaving with a bang and i found out the hardest way

worst feeling ever when you bump into someone whos mates with your old boss this happened to me at an interview. this was a complete different job in a complete different industry and only by chance did he see my CV . ''oh my mate xxxx is a manger there..."

i really bloody wanted that job too

im sure im a real life frank spencer

Back
Top Bottom