Work Suits

Suspended
I've put this here instead of GD for obvious reasons; but please move if needed.

I'd like some new work suits, at least two, and would be grateful for some suggestions for reasonably priced ones. I can spend up to £500 on each, but I'd hope to spend less if possible.

One traditional navy and one grey, both single breasted.

In the past I've bought at M&S, so that's an option. At work there is also an Austin Reed and Charles Tyrwhit. Have any of you got experience buying from either of those? Or anywhere else to consider?

I'd also like some decent black brogues - again, suggestions please.

TIA.

Man of Honour
If you're close to a Slaters they always have a good selection and will alter any suit for free when you buy it, which saves serious money if you're like me and can't get away with anything off the peg.

Soldato
You're a stones throw from the Bicester village outlet. £500 would buy you a suit from pretty much any of the places there. Go try a few on and see which fits best!

Caporegime
Go try a few on and see which fits best!

^^ this

you don't have to spend a set amount nor do brand names matter too much, what matters most is how well it fits

(obviously there is a lower bound in terms of quality - do try to get at least half canvas if not full canvas and obvs wool rather than polyester or some blend using it but statements about spending X amount are a bit pointless. If an M&S suit fits you best then it is probably a better choice than some designer brand and frankly a lot of off the rack suits come from the same production lines whether designer brands or not)

Soldato
I like Next suits, they fit me well.

But, as mentioned above, in your position and if it was a daily wear then I'd spend a bit more and get one made to measure.

Back
Top Bottom