Working at the same place as your partner..

Man of Honour
I've lost count at the number of couples we have here... Very odd. Must be something in the Water Supply.

Personally, I prefer to keep a line in the sand between home life and work otherwise what on earth do you talk about when you get home?? I give my Mrs credit, she always listens and takes interest and hopefully I do likewise.

There's nothing better than racing home to see the family :)

Soldato
The place I work in has got 2 couples that live together and work together in the same place + another single person, so that’s 5 people working and living together that work in the same place and have done so for the last 6 years.

Crazy I know.

Soldato
Work in the same company as my girlfriend, albeit in different departments. Not really a problem and means we only have to run one car, which is handy.

Associate
IMO it does not work. Yes it will be good for the first couple of weeks, then you will both begin to feel crowded by each other.

Then again all depends how strong your relationship is

Soldato
It really depends on the both of you. Some couples work together and it's fine, even great! And for others, it just doesn't work. It could be worth trying it out, but being clear with eachother that if it causes too many problems that you'll leave and find work elsewhere.

Caporegime
Working under your girlfriend must be one of the worst things ever in work.

As for working in the same office, you're just asking for arguments.

Caporegime
There's a job going at my girlfriend's place (in a smallish office - we'd be working together). She said I should give in my CV.

Do you think this would lead to arguments?

Good or bad idea?

probably a bad idea spending to much time with the other half = you will both start to get annoyed with each other over the slightest thing and likely wont last very long

Man of Honour
I met my girlfriend at work and we worked in offices across the corridor. It was great, actually, I really enjoyed it but we were both placement students rather than proper employees and we only worked together for 9 months.

Not sure how I'd have felt about it being the same room and more or less indefinately, though. Could lead to issues.

Soldato
My girlfriend works for me, i am her boss. It causes us no problems.

She still wakes up in the morning and says things like "i wanna phone in sick today". Then remembers i am her boss, she has to phone me haha.

It can cause jealousy for example if i interview some girl or girls are talking to me but that's about it.

It's fine if both are mature enough imo.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19484827 said:
It causes the rest of your team problems. Really it does - you'll deny it of course but they are hardly likely to tell you.

Yes you are right, it did cause an issue within the team at the start with a few people who are now no longer working for me. The rest are quite mature about it, we are a great close team :)

[FnG]magnolia;19484875 said:
'Us' or 'me'?

Us.

Back
Top Bottom