Workstation Gaming rig. Looking for help!

Associate
Hi all.
New to the community and finally looking to really plunge into PC gaming.

I have a new workstation in my possession, a Lenovo P410 to be specific. From what i know, i believe that i can use the machine as it is to just about get by with gaming, but i am keen to really push the boat out here and upgrade (where needed) to get the best gaming experience.

Let me give you the details of the machine

Processor Xeon E5-1620 v4 4C/3.5GHz/10MB/140W/DDR4-2400
Graphics NVIDIA Quadro M2000 4GB
Memory 2x8GB RDIMM DDR4-2400 ECC
Storage Controller Onboard SATA
Disks 1x256GB SSD 2.5" SATA6Gbps Opal+1x1TB HDD 7.2K 3.5" SATA6Gbps
M.2 Drives None
Optical HH DVD±RW
Power Supply 450W 92%

Im looking to achieve 4K gaming at as high a frame rate as possible. I know that i will need to change the graphics card, and upgrade the power supply to achieve the performance. Will the upgrades be a simple swap out? DO i need to factor in the motherboard and potentially change it?

If anyone has an understanding of what will need to be done to achieve a decent gaming rig, i would be eternally grateful. As i mentioned, i'm new to PC gaming and eager to understand more

Thanks in advance

Hi

Thanks fr the info

Just to be clear, the workstation is just a starting point. I don't need to use it as a conventional workstation, its sole purpose will be gaming/media

Not sure if that changes things...

The primary purpose of the rig will be to a gaming rig.
In terms of media, i referred to it as it will be something i will also do on the machine, but nothing to intensive (running Pro Tools, 4k media etc)

Ryzen does seem to tick the boxes. What sort of power supply would i need to upgrade to? Cant see the 450W cutting it..

Back
Top Bottom