World of Tanks

Soldato
I used to play a bit of World of Warships but ultimately got bored of the grind, never got into World of Tanks but I've always been tempted to give it a go.

How is the grind aspect in Tanks?

Slightly on topic, I was hugely addicted to Crossout a couple of years back.

Associate
OP
I used to play a bit of World of Warships but ultimately got bored of the grind, never got into World of Tanks but I've always been tempted to give it a go.

How is the grind aspect in Tanks?

Slightly on topic, I was hugely addicted to Crossout a couple of years back.

It can be a bit grindy but not half as bad as World of Warships. It will take at least 1000 games to get used to the basics of the game though. It's very tactical.

Soldato
It can be a bit grindy but not half as bad as World of Warships. It will take at least 1000 games to get used to the basics of the game though. It's very tactical.

Makes sense.

I'm up for giving it a go and I tend to catch on pretty quickly to most games, but if I need a thousand games to git gud I might be found wanting. lol...

Last edited:
Caporegime
WoT is no where near as good as Wowships.

Tanks is just so bloody hard and so unrewarding i found.

I REALLY ENJOYING WATCHING SKILLED PLAYERS LIKE QUICKYBABY OOPS CAPS IS ON
But actually playing the game is crap boring to me. Too slow....

Soldato
Used to play and a lot of us here played it together when it first came out. Things change tho like the grind got worse and matchmaking tiers sometimes got annoying and then nerfs in premium tanks (i got a lowe moneymaker but the rewards bit by bit got nerfed i think to the point it wasnt worth using to pay for new stuff with from it) and then the hd updates which look nice and all but ruined my familiarity of the maps and the Russians reflecting hulls etc. Then all the new tanks to grind. I just gave up in the end.

If the release a version that was similar to when it came out i might play again but cant see that happening.

Plus if your not on premium the reward payouts are crap, u barely broke even after repairs.

Used to play a lot, but like other older names in here, I got bored. Played it up until around 2 years ago, and occasionally I play for an hour with a friend or two. However I felt the game was best when heavies were the only tier 10s and since the others were introduced it has slowly gone downhill, although the interface (not the garage) has improved as they added mods into the standard client.

The graphics got a massive update a couple of years ago too, the game looks fantastic, unfortunately they did not really fix any of the gameplay underneath so a lot of people who returned for that patch soon left again.

I do wonder how much of my current dislike for the game overall is out of boredom or the current state of the game overall. Difficult to know and the fact I played it as my go-to game from October 2011 until around 2017/18 certainly shows it has it's merits (or had).

Permabanned
Its not difficult and there already is a thread on this game so this needs merged. Its hard if you run into stupid places and are killed. Its a slow tactical game. Positioning is the hardest part. I have a beta account and currently its the worst it has ever been.

As a new player unprepared to buy a premium tank and account i say AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! This game has people who got 25million credits like me who only got 5k games lol. I can fire premium ammo all day long so there goes your armor and weakspot. This is why you are wanted as a newbie, They need fresh meat to prey upon.

All armor doesnt exist with premium ammo, 4800 per shell so dont bother with heavy tanks. Its also got streamers who are given gold silver and tanks so they run around with a full clip of this ammo and will delete you in no time. Until they fix this cancerous stain on thier game no one should go near it. They are also a really scummy company as well who tend to promote a new tank which will be really overpowered, Then after everyone sinks gold and silver into this tank it gets nerfed.

Back
Top Bottom