World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Having to pay 50g to respec was a pain if you raided a lot.

I did, our guild was so absurdly well run we had members, I cannot for the life of me remember the rank, who were "allowed" to be part of the guild and their job was to farm mats to sell for gold to keep the main raid team raiding efficiently without much downtime :p

Their pay off was when we had a raid on farm they were allowed to join the farm group to get gear following the main raid team, the best eventually got to join the main team :p

Caporegime
I did, our guild was so absurdly well run we had members, I cannot for the life of me remember the rank, who were "allowed" to be part of the guild and their job was to farm mats to sell for gold to keep the main raid team raiding efficiently without much downtime :p

Their pay off was when we had a raid on farm they were allowed to join the farm group to get gear following the main raid team, the best eventually got to join the main team :p

Wow that was actually a very good idea even though it is exploitation. We had a guild bank but only the MT's and main healers were given gold to respec for fun. Spending 50g to respec had no purpose really and would be more than happy to see this removed.

We just had to farm our own pots and gold. You would soon be out of the raid if you didn't have enough.

Soldato
Wow that was actually a very good idea even though it is exploitation. We had a guild bank but only the MT's and main healers were given gold to respec for fun. Spending 50g to respec had no purpose really and would be more than happy to see this removed.

We just had to farm our own pots and gold. You would soon be out of the raid if you didn't have enough.

We were number one on the server so it was ran like a military operation :p

I always thought it was a wee bit dodgy but people seemed happy enough and we had a few leave to join guilds as raiders when they got their experience and gear. Loved the guild but it was hard blinking work :p

Raiders were expected to farm our own pots where possible but the guild farmers were our back up and the farmers looked after officers, I was ranged DPS officer haha.

Caporegime
We were number one on the server so it was ran like a military operation :p

I always thought it was a wee bit dodgy but people seemed happy enough and we had a few leave to join guilds as raiders when they got their experience and gear. Loved the guild but it was hard blinking work :p

Raiders were expected to farm our own pots where possible but the guild farmers were our back up and the farmers looked after officers, I was ranged DPS officer haha.

We were the number 1 on our server as well so it was intense but nice to see how different guilds were ran.

I have took after my own 40 man raids daily now just in real life instead! Only problem is you can't /gkick the bad ones!

Soldato
We were the number 1 on our server as well so it was intense but nice to see how different guilds were ran.

I have took after my own 40 man raids daily now just in real life instead! Only problem is you can't /gkick the bad ones!

Urgh couldn't do that anymore so respect to you for keeping it up.

Even back in vanilla in a number one guild it was next to impossible to get 40 "good" raiders, always found we carried about 5 no matter what we did and those last five spots seemed to rotate a lot. Not sure how you found that back in the day?

Now, with what WoW is, couldn't imagine getting 40 people together though I guess you can just portal there. I remember getting on 30mins pre raid just to make sure people got on the flight path to Naxx :D that and we had a PvP friend guild who would go to the raid entrance about an hour before start to clear and hold it for the alliance side :p literally 30-50 people just to make sure you could get in a raid unharassed and making life hell for the horde guilds :D the realm specific forum drama over outside raid PvP was a beautiful read :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I agree with many here, I'm very casual now with gaming, I have a family and busy schedule. The timing of WoW originally meant I could sit on my PC for the entire evenings no issues. I love vanilla WoW and will probably play classic, but I don't see it offering me anything as a casual at the end game.

Soldato
I am really excited for Classic. I'm just concerned I won't be able to invest the time, or round up enough friends to play. Echoing the comments above I just can't sink 4-5 hours a day into a game anymore. If I can make it work on 1-2 hours per night, with a decent session on the weekend then that'll do me. End game is a pipe dream though. I'd be happy getting to max level, max professions and maybe into Tier 0 or Tier 0.5 gear.

Soldato
I dunno, if we get the likes of mods like DBM, raiding should be relatively straight forward specially if the player base is mature and repeat players in the main.

You could be right. I remember playing a hunter initially. Didn't understand aggro mechanics, and had some cloth with + arcane damage on it as I had arcane shot so thought that would help. :p:D

Don
You could be right. I remember playing a hunter initially. Didn't understand aggro mechanics, and had some cloth with + arcane damage on it as I had arcane shot so thought that would help. :p:D
I have heard that Arcane Shot hunters are actually viable dps when they stack + spell damage!

My first level 60 (a paladin), was a total noob. I never took Judgement out of my spell book until I was level 60. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing.

Man of Honour
I agree with many here, I'm very casual now with gaming, I have a family and busy schedule. The timing of WoW originally meant I could sit on my PC for the entire evenings no issues. I love vanilla WoW and will probably play classic, but I don't see it offering me anything as a casual at the end game.

Some of the people I've seen on twitch/youtube have already been putting in 15 hours a day every day on the beta. Vanilla WoW was always extremely addicting ( I remember back in the day reading an article where it was mentioned that Blizzard hired a psychologist specifically to highlight ways that they could create that in players), I wonder if anyone who used to stick 10s of hours every day into WoW back then will end up doing so again in Classic. I bet one or two marriages are going to be strained :D

Soldato
I have heard that Arcane Shot hunters are actually viable dps when they stack + spell damage!

My first level 60 (a paladin), was a total noob. I never took Judgement out of my spell book until I was level 60. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing.

:p

I was utterly useless throughout classic. I played that hunter briefly in patch 1.9 I think. Abandoned playing. Then came back in 1.11 and started playing a paladin. Got really hooked. It wasn't till the launch of TBC that I took time to actually learn the mechanics of the game. I was entirely new to MMO's and DND\Fantasy tho. So the understanding of the holy trinity, aggro mechanics, impact of stats on your performance etc. just wasn't there to begin with.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was great at classic. Really, it was the peak of my gaming career. I was in the 2nd best guild on the server, and poached into the #1 guild during Molten Core raiding (we used to make up their numbers). We got server firsts all the way up through MC and BWL, into AQ and Naxx. I felt like such a hero, part of this misfit band of european legends from a dozen countries.

It just came at the right time for me, early 20s, working at the pub so plenty of time on my hands.

Ahhhh.

Soldato
I'm kind of glad it's 3 months away, I think it's going to take me that long to decide on a class to roll :p Looks excellent though after watching a bunch of Twitch streamers playing it and brought all the memories back. Very much doubt I'll have time to raid again in classic again though, but thoroughly looking forward to PvP!

Caporegime
:p

I was utterly useless throughout classic. I played that hunter briefly in patch 1.9 I think. Abandoned playing. Then came back in 1.11 and started playing a paladin. Got really hooked. It wasn't till the launch of TBC that I took time to actually learn the mechanics of the game. I was entirely new to MMO's and DND\Fantasy tho. So the understanding of the holy trinity, aggro mechanics, impact of stats on your performance etc. just wasn't there to begin with.

In the last patch before TBC came out arcane shot became OP because damage was scaled with attack power. I was getting 1.6 crits with buffs in top end game gear. Close to 2k with zerker buff in BG's which was imba for an instant cast shot.

People used to run when they saw me at my peak!

Back
Top Bottom