World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
I completely forgot that you had to mine three times (and loot 3 times). I remember doing laps of Swamp of Sorrows, and people would leave a single stack of stone in there...

People used to do it while levelling up the skill, as the first time you "use" the vein you get the skill, then move on and leave it for others doing the same; so it could be that :)

Oh sorry I see what you mean, take the ore and leave the stone. The swines!

Last edited:
Don
Oh sorry I see what you mean, take the ore and leave the stone. The swines!
What happens to the vein when someone does that, does it just sit for eternity until someone picks up the stone to despawn it or does it spawn a new one - I'm guessing it must stay until fully looted as I'm pretty sure chests do the same. Yay a chest, open chest, 1x water...

Soldato
During the stress test Blizzard spawned C'Thun, Ragnaros, Golemagg and Onyxia in Northshire Valley, with a few others on top too. Brilliant.

Soldato
I think this was patched out around 1.10 unfortunately :( those were fun times seeing Kazzak in Stormwind and Goldshire :p
I remember the mad rush to escape on the Deeprun Tram. :D

I also remember stormwind was being raided by the horde, so a guild decided to bring in Kazzak as a defender of sorts. :)

Man of Honour
One of the funniest things I've seen since the WoW beta started is Asmongold. Literally only a few weeks ago he was making some videos where he talks about how many years of his life he spent sat in a chair doing 10+ hours a day on WoW and it had consumed him and other aspects of his life and personality suffered and despite acknowledging that and talking about it, the moment WoW classic beta came out, he is back in the chair for 14 hours a day, sat in the auction house with music playing on the stream, knocking back fizzy drinks one after the other, its literally like he has regressed 15 years and hasn't gone forward in life at all :D

I think a lot of people will play classic and temper it compared to how they played it when they were young, but for someone like Asmongold it will consume him again and goodness knows what state he will be in when he is finished with it this time

Man of Honour
The difference is, now he's coining it in doing it.

Not a lot of point having money if you just sit in a chair in front of a monitor though. Having the money is fine if you then actually use it to do things. But then again, if it consumes him again and he enjoys that, then that's fine for him I suppose.

I'm no different really, I spend hours gaming, I suppose the only difference is that when I see that a game is using up that amount of my time , I drop the game and I tend not to allow myself to get sucked back in again. Which is one of the reasons why when I leave an MMO I delete all my characters , as an aid to resist the temptation to go back.

Soldato
One of the funniest things I've seen since the WoW beta started is Asmongold. Literally only a few weeks ago he was making some videos where he talks about how many years of his life he spent sat in a chair doing 10+ hours a day on WoW and it had consumed him and other aspects of his life and personality suffered and despite acknowledging that and talking about it, the moment WoW classic beta came out, he is back in the chair for 14 hours a day, sat in the auction house with music playing on the stream, knocking back fizzy drinks one after the other, its literally like he has regressed 15 years and hasn't gone forward in life at all :D

I think a lot of people will play classic and temper it compared to how they played it when they were young, but for someone like Asmongold it will consume him again and goodness knows what state he will be in when he is finished with it this time

The thing is Classic is actually enjoyable, it doesn't feel like wasted time if you're having fun

Associate
Aye, I don’t see why he’s so popular. Actually seems to be a bit nasty in some of the stuff if his I’ve seen.

He just switches to a "I'm the best" persona to create melodrama. My theory is he watched athene do it years back and it proved successful and decided to go that direction (to a lesser extent).

Man of Honour
The thing is Classic is actually enjoyable, it doesn't feel like wasted time if you're having fun

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, I don't have 300 games on Steam and spend a lot of time gaming if I wasn't enjoying it and having fun. Its only years later when I look back at how much time I spent doing it that I wonder if it was such a good idea at the time. I remember when I played Ultima Online, I was in my mid 20's and I was spending literally every minute that I wasn't working or asleep playing it. Now I had immense fun doing it and to this day I consider it to be in the top 2 MMOs I ever played, at the time I most definitely didn't think it was a waste of time (despite many people telling me it was), but I do look back now, 20 years later and think that I lost so much time in the prime of my life sat in front of that monitor playing it.

Now, if they released a classic version of it today, I'm sure I might take a look at it briefly, but I'd never allow myself to get sucked in again as I was back then, it would destroy way too much of my life today and whereas years in my 20s could be considered disposable years, years now , approaching 50, are far too important (and with fewer of them left than when I was younger) to lose them in the way I did then.

Soldato
He just switches to a "I'm the best" persona to create melodrama. My theory is he watched athene do it years back and it proved successful and decided to go that direction (to a lesser extent).

Having watched a few of his vids I’ve decided that his personality requires significant attention and on that basis have decided to stop watching said videos.

I genuinely can’t understand his popularity. The guy is nasty.

Soldato
Nah it was a high pop server though I would guess to the lower end of high as I rarely dealt with queues above 1k at worst.
Yeah, Ravencrest was one of the worse. A lot of hard core Everquest players started on the server. We were once a almost 50/50 horde/alli split, and it took a lot of free migrations to become the Alliance server it is today.

A lot of the horde went to Twisting Nether and Tarren Mill, setting up some some world first guilds. And I believe that included Kungen before he was really famous, Nihilam was a reference to ravencrest. :)

Back
Top Bottom