World of Warcraft - Dragonflight

Soldato
Anyone planning on coming back for the new expansion next week? Played a bit of the beta and liked what i seen. Havin the usual problem of chosing a class to start, leaning towards Unholy DK.

Based on Chamber of Aspects horde

Big Profession Changes

Overview

Last edited:
Associate
I have re-subbed for WOW. I like the improvements in GUI and graphics. But not bought this expansion yet. Not grabbed by Dragonflight.

The last expansion was terrible. I found it boring.

Also, they nerfed my level down to level 50. A big mistake on WOW's part. All that progression after 15 years and back down to 50...

Associate
I reinstalled it for the first time in 4 years for the free weekend to have a play around. Not going to go back but it looked far more promising than in the past. They do appear to have listened to a lot of the criticisms and made changes which are now in the newer expansions. And from what I've seen of Dragonflight it's shaping up to be a good expansion. I'm a tempted to play for a month or two but have other games that also require a lot of time investment. Most of the people I used to raid with no longer play either.

The texture quality in wow does make me wish for a high-res pack for FFXIV though :)

Also, they nerfed my level down to level 50. A big mistake on WOW's part. All that progression after 15 years and back down to 50...
They've rescaled the numbers and levels a couple times now so all numbers were lowered. I found that as well when I logged in my highest level was only 45 after not playing for 4 years and two expansions. Doing the prepatch elemental events it only took an hour or so to get up to level 60(max) and that was with having no idea what any of the new systems, talents etc. were.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, I'll be returning... again. I've played through all the expansions since launch. It's become a bit of a tradition for me now.
I fully expect to play it solid for a few weeks and then get bored. I only play casually as I don't really know anyone who plays anymore, so I just enjoy the new content until its not fun anymore or just starts to feel like work and then cancel my sub until the next expansion.
The improvements they've made to professions look interesting and have more depth and hopefully they will actually be useful again.
I've played a few hours of the beta and messed about with the Dragon riding which is mostly just novelty but is quite fun for a while at least.

Soldato
All my characters are level 40 :eek: Lots of catching up to do for me.

I would love to escape and get back playing WoW but I just know I won’t get the time required to give it a proper go.

Having a child has ruined the good gaming session binges.

Soldato
Anyone planning on coming back for the new expansion next week? Played a bit of the beta and liked what i seen. Havin the usual problem of chosing a class to start, leaning towards Unholy DK.

Based on Chamber of Aspects horde

Big Profession Changes

Overview
I'll defo be checking it out. Are you part of a guild on CoA? I have a lot of characters on there.

Soldato
OP
Not in a guild no, just have one i set up so alts can share the guild bank. Dont think the realms are as big a deal now since we can have cross realm guilds, cross faction raiding is gonna be a thing and i believe they even mentioned cross faction guilds as a potential.

Soldato
Have to admit it does look good. Got totally burnt out with TBC classic in SWP... For the first time in a long time retail doesn't look all that bad!

Associate
Got a couple of friends returning to WoW for Dragonflight, so I’ll also resub so we can play together. But already thinking we probably won’t last more than a month or two, pre-expansion event didn’t really grab me and I don’t like the new playable Dracthyr class/model.

Soldato
Nah, I fell for the past couple of expansions, not falling for it this time.

I can’t say i’ve had fun since Antorus progression.

Associate
Always pass on the newer expansions myself, last one I bought was WoD what a disappointment that was.
Raid logging Wotlk is good enough for now

Associate
I've bitten the bullet and come back after nearly 3 years off. First shock was all my characters nerfed, highest level is a 50, rest of them 40. Completely overwhelmed by it all, partly my fault for having too many characters on too many servers..

I've not gone for the expansion, yet. I'll see how I get on and get back into it. First thing that I've started doing is the last thing I was trying to do before I quit, picking up a heirloom ring.

Bit bewildered on where to start or what to do!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've bitten the bullet and come back after nearly 3 years off. First shock was all my characters nerfed, highest level is a 50, rest of them 40. Completely overwhelmed by it all, partly my fault for having too many characters on too many servers..

I've not gone for the expansion, yet. I'll see how I get on and get back into it. First thing that I've started doing is the last thing I was trying to do before I quit, picking up a heirloom ring.

Bit bewildered on where to start or what to do!
It's not a nerf, just a level squish.

Associate
I see, reset and bring into line for the max level of 70?

I did no reading up on what I've been missing the past 3 years, was a bit of a shock. Guess I should've looked into it first :)

Soldato
Much as I've always like the storyline that Blizzard have done with WoW (and the cutscenes) and the fact that it's relatively easy to make enough gold to make the sub actually free, I just can't be bothered with another expansion time-sink. I always feel like I have to keep playing to make the sub worthwhile (even when I'm not paying any actual money!) and I'm just not interested in that anymore. If the game was F2P and I could just dip in and out I'd probably buy the expansion, but as that's not likely to happen, it's a no from me.

They should just make a movie out of their FMVs - I'd watch that :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom