World Snooker Championship 2019

Caporegime
The big one starts tomorrow. Looking forward to two whole weeks of glorious snooker. Would love another Ronnie win, but he seems to be struggling with very long tournaments like the worlds over the past few years, so can’t see it unfortunately.

My fancy is Neil Robertson. He’s had a great season and would have won a lot more biggies if it weren’t for Ronnie. He looked supreme in the China open recently. Definitely a runner.

Can’t see Selby and Trump winning. Bingham been solid this season.

Possible first round upsets could see Higgins go out to Mark Davis, Murphy to Honghao, Ding to McGill and I think Gould has got a good chance against the defending champ, Williams. First round draw here http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Matches/Index/14071/betfred-world-championship-2019

Whatever happens, it should be a great two weeks action!

Caporegime
OP
Come on Ronnie, let’s get going. No more time for mucking about.

Is it me or is the HD picture on Eurosport miles better than the BBC2 feed? BBC looks almost SD in comparison.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
That's just the sign of the times and how much better players are these days.

Don't think Alex Higgins got more than 100 centuries and everyone knows how highly regarded he was.

What's wrong with the pockets this year? Rob mentioned it above but this is the first session I've watched.
They’re total buckets. Pots going in which never should. Yet they’ll go on about record number of centuries showing the quality of player when in fact, it’s the pockets that are causing it. Taking a large element of skill out of the game.

Caporegime
OP
I've played chess since I was 4, doub't I'd last more than 8 or 9 moves against Magnus Carlsen. Calling them buckets is just silly, you are watching them on TV ffs!

Look at Dott right now, can't hit a bag and he would wipe the floor with 99% of people.
The fact is pots are dropping which just shouldn’t be dropping on a world championship table. The pockets are much more receptive than they should be.

Caporegime
OP
I was expecting to see more posts from people saying that they aren't interested in watching the snooker now that Ronnie is out. Either snooker is that bad that one player is the difference between watching it or not; or those people aren't really fans of the game..

Ray Reardon only got 53 century breaks and he was 6 times world champion.
No, I’m only jesting tbh, I’ll still watch as much as I possibly can.

Trumps in trouble now. I’m telling you, this is Robbo’s year. Bingham worth an E/W flutter at 10/1.

Back
Top Bottom