Worldwide DNS Providers May Be Forced to Block Internet Piracy Websites

Caporegime
Does anybody know any good Russian DNS providers? I mean what with Edward Snowdon and everything they seem to of the few bastions of freedom nowadays where corporations and governments haven't yet got into bed to restrict everything that everyone does. It may only be piracy today but it will be other content tomorrow, just as social media have had mission creep in what they police they'll eventually start blocking alternative news sources for dangerous content, hate speech etc.

Associate
Does anybody know any good Russian DNS providers? I mean what with Edward Snowdon and everything they seem to of the few bastions of freedom nowadays where corporations and governments haven't yet got into bed to restrict everything that everyone does. It may only be piracy today but it will be other content tomorrow, just as social media have had mission creep in what they police they'll eventually start blocking alternative news sources for dangerous content, hate speech etc.
Just make your own DNS server :D

Or you can bypass DNS completely by editing your hosts file.

They say this is to protect "rights holders", but it will quickly move on to them trying to claim ownership of and try to block all sorts of stuff they have no right to. Like they already do on youtube etc. When they don't like someone commenting negatively on their products they abuse the system to try and get stuff taken down or try to grab a user's ad revenue. It's another step towards a corrupt corporate controlled internet.
I don't see why that combined with a VPN wouldn't work, I'm sure TOR will remain unscaved whatever they try to do. B&Q had a negative review I left them on Google reviews removed, despite their Trust Pilot page being riddled with them and it's no secret that having a paid business account on that platform (Trust Pilot) gives you the clout to flood your company with obvious fake positive reviews and have genuine negative reviews removed.
We get far too much freedom on the internet anyway. I'm pushing for an approved whitelist versus a blacklist that is maintained. This way we can only see positively approved content that our supreme leader has allowed.
Please tell me I'm right in thinking you are kidding?

Soldato
Really copyright is so outdated now, laws need updating.

Stop geo copyright.
Copyright to expire much sooner.
Copyright to be renewable but proof provided the creation is still been actively sold by copyright holder.
Copyright enforcement to require court orders, otherwise not legally enforceable.

Caporegime
The copyright laws need updating rather than everything changing just for them. Geo-locking should be banned.

The only time I agree with copyright laws is if the option to buy something legally is there yet people choose to pirate it.

Websites will either just get another address or they will move on to the Tor network and then the whole dns thought becomes redundant.

A sensible solution would be something like 50 years after publication for copyright. The current system is absurd, different rules for different people, if you are a big company you get 125 years after publication, you can't expect people to take that seriously!

Man of Honour
Next you are going to tell me they are going to start making OSes require TPMs so that down the line only signed/trusted code can access the internet... and bye bye freedom.

Soldato
Does anybody know any good Russian DNS providers? I mean what with Edward Snowdon and everything they seem to of the few bastions of freedom nowadays where corporations and governments haven't yet got into bed to restrict everything that everyone does.

You heard it here first boys and girls, Russia is one of the last bastions of freedom left!

:cry::cry::cry:

Soldato
It's not the first time Microsoft were requiring people to use TPM 2.0. They tried to implement it in Windows 8. But removed the requirement.

It's all about control.

Permabanned
There will always be dns's that are open. If this doesn't work people will just launch sites on ip addresses and people will have to write them down to access them.

..but in mind that still won't stop them been blocked until people start to be caught and jailed.

Last edited:
Associate
Windows 11 will require a TPM 2.0 chip and won't install without it. OFC it will be cracked in 5 minutes, but...
Yep
There will always be dns's that are open. If this doesn't work people will just launch sites on ip addresses and people will have to write them down to access them. The ip address will be blocked as well will it not?
..but in mind that still won't stop them been blocked until people start to be caught and jailed.
The ip address will not work as it will be blocked as well.
It says in the link that VPN's could be hit with the same law and heavy fines.
Will always be a way around it, what about launching a private network inside a VPS server?

Permabanned
You wouldn't download a corpse.

Some people would if they could.....

Now includes Cloudflare.

Here we go....

At the end of the day we all know what sites is right and wrong under law. People still choose to visit them and will still find a way around this if this ever comes into play.

I think it's going to happen. DNS + VPN providors. But the questions is then who controls that list.

Last edited:
Soldato
Windows 11 will require a TPM 2.0 chip and won't install without it. OFC it will be cracked in 5 minutes, but...
You can already bypass TPM checks just by editing the registry during the install process, and I believe I saw that Rufus USB Creator has a beta that does that and lots more, not that I give a **** about Windows these days as the only place I use it is the office.

Permabanned
start with the "bad" DNS entries such as piracy , couple of years later we are at blocking political sites that criticise governments

Wont be long before they are privatising TV channels that criticise them, jailing protestors/shutting down political activists, altering rules to suit themselves, deporting people to rwanda, accepting bribes from war mongering foreign states, breaking laws.........ah wait. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom