Worst Brands for electric/electronic goods?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
NEFF

Every single appliance in our kitchen went wrong
This is a good one actually, i had Neff appliances about 10 years ago. Endless issues with them. To be honest and fair, most appliances are junk under the surface though. Ive had our Bosch washing machine apart for new brushes in the past, and that thing is junk too internally.

Man of Honour
When you chance cars every two or three years for brand new ones, I’d expect everything to be perfect. Try keeping a car a bit longer and you see what utter junk they turn out to be.

I can’t dispute your logic, so I won’t, but the 3 y.o. Fiat Idea my wife sold to our niece is still going great guns some 10 years later, and the 4 y.o. diesel Fiat Croma sold to the nephew is doing the same after 7 or 8 years.
However, years ago I bought a used VW Variant 411, and it almost acquired a season ticket in the repair shop, so that makes your assertion right for some cars.

Permabanned
OP
Go watch Bald n Bankrupt in Cuba and look at the cars still working over there, or while he is in Russia and the Lada Taxis, In Scotland it's all Skoda taxis, Not sure about England.

Soldato
I can’t dispute your logic, so I won’t, but the 3 y.o. Fiat Idea my wife sold to our niece is still going great guns some 10 years later, and the 4 y.o. diesel Fiat Croma sold to the nephew is doing the same after 7 or 8 years.
However, years ago I bought a used VW Variant 411, and it almost acquired a season ticket in the repair shop, so that makes your assertion right for some cars.

Had my last skoda 16 yrs from new this is a nearly new 52 reg,(frosty morning a while back) not bad for near 20 Yr old, the immobilizer did pack up last year but had it deleted.
As regards smart tvs I've a dumb plasma panasonic made smart with now tv stick but it's still the best picture I've seen, think it's oled if this goes (unless things have moved on ? )

Screenshot-20210529-193838-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Caporegime
Most stuff you buy these days is pretty ****

Even if you spend more for the supposedly better quality stuff, it doesn't turn out to be much, if any better.

Pretty much everything seems to be made in the same factory and have a different outer shell or label stuck on it. I therefore tend to just buy the cheapest and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Soldato
Humax - Cheap hardware, with buggy slow software.

Dave

Humax stuff, in the past, used to be very well made and pretty expensive. A friend used to sell Humax satellite boxes and dishes to Bosnian and Croatians that had come over to work but wanted to watch their localised TV and they were very expensive in comparison but renowned for being well made and full of features (Probably like free channels and movies).

Associate
Fitbit, usually break just out of warranty, totally disposable rubbish. Not fixable, total junk.
Nice to see Sony isn't on this list.

Back
Top Bottom