Worth "dumping" my Gysnc monitor for 7900XT?

Associate
Hi all. Looking to do a full upgrade to a relatively highend PC and trying to decide on the GPU. In my infinite wisdom a few years ago I bought the 27" Acer Predator XB271HU Monitor, 165Hz which is GYSNC only. This has been great and don't really need/want to replace it. However, the current 4070/TI prices and severe lack of vram really put me off NVIDIA right now, and if it wasn't for the monitor I would instantly just go for the 7900XT. However as I say my monitor is GSYNC only. So do I go the for 7900XT and spring for a new monitor, and try and sell the old one, or is the vram situation not that much of an issue (especially at 2k) and I go for NVIDIA? Or maybe as I'm at 2k I just go down to the 4070... Would appreciate any input on the issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What GPU do you have ?

New monitor and a 7900xt you mite as well buy a 4080 but if your don't mind toning down the settings then 4070ti has 12gb.

8gb vram is minimum requirement imo even at 1080p some games can surpass that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I currently have the old classic 1070 ti so I am doing a full upgrade. Hmm yeh if I'm going to stay at 2k the 4070ti is more than good enough for a few years...

Back
Top Bottom