Worth getting a Macbook now?

Soldato
Macbook Pro only came out in feb. I'd be surprised if theres a new Macbook pro before the endof the year. MacPro however is a year old, so i can see that getting refreshed this summer.

If the rumours turn out to be correct then it's MacBook and Mac Mini first pre-installed with Lion followed by Mac Pro and Mac Air in August.

I just hope the rumours are correct then I can get rid of the mirror err sorry iMac and get myself a nice more powerful Mini which I can use with my Matte screen. :D

Soldato
Macbook Pro only came out in feb. I'd be surprised if theres a new Macbook pro before the endof the year. MacPro however is a year old, so i can see that getting refreshed this summer.

MBP was one of the first Sandy Bridge powered laptops out. We might get a minor speed bump in a few months time but that'll be all. No reason not to buy now as you'll get a Lion upgrade for free when it's launched.

When do we hear the outcome of the refresh?

When it appears on the Apple website.

Associate
MBP was one of the first Sandy Bridge powered laptops out. We might get a minor speed bump in a few months time but that'll be all. No reason not to buy now as you'll get a Lion upgrade for free when it's launched.

Yep, not worth holding out for a Macbook Pro refresh as it'll either not happen or just be minor.

Are they really refreshing the Mac Pro months before LGA 2011 comes out with the 8 core i7s? Seems silly to me, they should wait (unless they have an exclusive).

Back
Top Bottom