• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth upgrading? do i really need it?

Soldato
Howdy

have a 6950 flashed to 6970, i play the odd occasional game, Unreal 3 (dont laugh!) However i quite fancy giving Elite Dangerous a go, or the newest X game from Egosoft, i am also interested in better A/V functionality

So, worth changing from a 6950? is there that big a performance increase?

ta

Soldato
what i would do is give the games a go on your current card and see how it runs if its fine then great and you can put it off a bit longer.

if you have issues you may need to lower down some settings.

what are the specs of the game?

i have played Far Cry 4 on a Radeon HD 5830, had to turn the settings down a bit but was ok to play while i wait for the new AMD GPUs to come out

Caporegime
ED should run nicely on your 6970 and isn't very demanding at all. Get the games and see how you get on is my advice. If you feel it is sluggish and stuttery, upgrade but if not, hold off (some newer cards coming in a couple of months apparently) :)