Worth upgrading to 32gb, and if so, what to aim for?

Soldato
Was just wondering the above, and was questioning whether it's just an upgrade itch after seeing how the ram prices have been dropping. Now after reading a few posts, I'm thinking it might be a worthwhile upgrade. Just checking task manager, and although I'm only really web browsing, it's lower workload than if I was actually working too, I'm at 50% for my 16gb... I tend to game with everything still open in the background too.

So, buy two sticks of 8, to make 4 (and try and get low profile so my cpu cooler doesn't get in the way), or just upgrade to 2 sticks of 16gb?

Got a gigabyte x370 k7, with a 2700x.

My immediate preference is 2 sticks of 16gb, but does anyone know what sort of speed I could aim at, and also, how easy is it to sell 2nd hand ram?

Soldato
OP
How long until ddr5 is supposed to be along? Not really any major plans for big upgrades too soon (graphics card only), so if I can get by with 16gb, perhaps I will.

Soldato
OP
Guess I'll stick to 16 for now. If there's a game that really start butting up against the limit for me, maybe I'll look back into it then. If I can hold off until the next major upgrade, that'll be nice.

Back
Top Bottom