Worth upgrading?

Soldato
With the release of Cyberpunk and it bringing my computer to its knees, I am thinking about upgrading my CPU, RAM and MOBO in order to eek a few extra frames. I am currently running the following;

Aorus Master Z390
Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB DDR4
Intel Core I7 9700K

Firstly is it even worth me upgrading at the moment and if so what would be the best option? I was thinking a I9 10900K bundle?

Man of Honour
I haven't seen any performance analysis of this game yet, but I can't imagine 2 extra cores are going to suddenly transform everything.

What is the graphics card?

Soldato
I don't see why getting a new CPU would make a difference, especially when there are already performance issues with the game.
The biggest change you can make is to increase the RAM and VRAM allocation (across all platforms it's allocated 3gb). This alone will bottleneck any system and both of my brothers have gone through the process of allocating more VRAM/RAM and it's made a massive improvement with loading times with some frame increases.

They're aware of this being an issue and have already noted their intent on providing a patch to fix performance issues. I would be holding out until either you've made the mem changes or they've released a patch to address this.

Soldato
With the release of Cyberpunk and it bringing my computer to its knees, I am thinking about upgrading my CPU, RAM and MOBO in order to eek a few extra frames. I am currently running the following;

Aorus Master Z390
Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB DDR4
Intel Core I7 9700K

Firstly is it even worth me upgrading at the moment and if so what would be the best option? I was thinking a I9 10900K bundle?

An i9 rig would be a big outlay for little gain can't see sig so not sure what gpu you have? Or what monitor you game with.
Some games use more than 16GB of RAM... I saw 22.5 used in FS2020 yesterday, max settings at 4K. Dunno about Cyberflunk, not buying it yet.

Soldato
OP
GPU is a 3080 FE.

Done abit more research over lunch and think I am going to wait. It does seem to be a game issue rather than a computer spec issue.

Would 16GB more RAM be worthwhile?

Associate
Have you tried messing around with the other sliders, like disabling some of the raytracing options, lowering Cascaded Shadow Resolution, volumetric fog, screen space reflections quality and ambient occlusion?
With raytracing on I turn down Screen Space Reflections quality to get a little boost to fps, but I still think the game needs a bit more optimization work on it to iron out it's bugs.
Don't rush out and buy a new gpu just yet

Soldato
OP
Going to stick with what I have for now. Decided to get a 32gb set of memory though because it was on offer. Can scrape some money back by selling my 2x8gb set so a cheap upgrade whilst I wait for the game to be patched/optimised.

Back
Top Bottom