Would a 240 rad be ok

Associate
Hi all, I've been out of water cooling for a while, would a single 240 rad in the front of the case be OK for the gear shown in my signature below, would be looking at cpu and gpu in a single loop.
Advice and ideas would be great.

Man of Honour
I would want 360mm of rad space. We usually recommend 120mm per component plus a extra 120mm. A 240mm would work but the temps won't be that great. If you stick the 240mm at the front I am sure you will have a 120mm exhaust position on the rear where you could fit a single 120mm radiator. Even better would be in the roof if you have fan slots up there.

Soldato
Some of the dual core 240mm rads are now rated upto 1000w capacity. Without sounding like I work for Black Ice I would be quite confident one of their GTX 240mm rads will manage just fine :) I have two 120's and a 160 and they manage better than the 400 and 120mm rads I had before them. That's with a heavily overclocked GTX 980 with modified power and a 5GHz 3770k. I can't see the OP's sig since I'm on my phone but check this out (click the performance chart header):

http://hardwarelabs.com/nemesis/gtx/240gtx/

Last edited:
Soldato
I run a thin rad with a OC'd R9 Nano and 4790k overclocked and full cover motherboard block covering the Mosfet's and chipset so fair bit of heat but it manage's okay. As mentioned it will not be best acoustically as fan's will need to run at a higher RPM but performance wise you should be fine and more so on that MSI Aero card.

Back
Top Bottom