• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would a 7700x be enough for gaming and streaming/recording ?

Associate
OP
That’s what I’m thinking too.

Let me ask this then… does a 5600x (6 core 12 thread ) do well as a steaming cpu ?

Wonder if a 7600x would be fine for that.

Maybe I need to do some research on the 5600x for steaming

Soldato
If you're serious about streaming I'd suggest looking at some kind of dedicated video passthrough box. Personally I'd rather not have CPU and GPU cycles occupied with creating, encoding and delivering streams at the same time as actually running the game. Seems counter-productive.

Associate
Well wccftech has said this:

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8 Core "Zen 4" Desktop CPU

Moving over to the Ryzen 7 family, here we have the AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, an 8-core and 16-thread part. AMD positions this as the sweet spot for gamers and as such, the CPU will feature base clock of 4.5 GHz and a boost clock of 5.4 GHz but at a lower 105W TDP (142W PPT). The CPU will get a 40 MB cache pool which consists of 32 MB L3 from the singular CCD &8 MB L2 from the Zen 4 cores.

This should be more than capable for a few years (5 years) after release at least.

Back
Top Bottom