Would you allow social media sites to know your banking details?

Soldato

Very strange article.
Gene Munster of Loup Ventures estimate that Apple Pay currently has over 252 million users, which comes out to 31 percent of the active iPhone install base. While Apple itself doesn’t break out Apple Pay users, Tim Cook touted on the company’s earnings call last week that there were over one billion Apple Pay transactions during Q3 2018.

Loup Ventures is a research-driven, early stage venture capital firm investing in virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence and robotics.

They are a venture capital firm, without any venture capital. Interesting.
31% uptake seems very high, I wonder if that estimate might be to pull investors along.

Soldato
None of which is apple based, or gives any direct connection to apple from what I can see.
They started up last year, they haven't filed anything tax wise from what i can see.
They look to be a startup making claims in articles they 'estimate'. Given they don't appear to have any input into the company they are directly referencing, it looks like they are attempting to create market traction/placement with such articles.
The article also states that Cook mentioned 1 Billion transactions in Q3 2018, which to my knowledge it this quarter, which suggests some inaccuracy. Perhaps they meant Q2.

Caporegime
That's a bit of a different point to claiming they don't have many capital when evidently they do. Sure apple is a public company and there research there is likely for some sort of marketing purposes.

Permabanned
I have read up somewhere online (I'll try find the article) that if there is a dispute they freeze the whole entire account (not just the transaction amount) for both the payer and the to be paid account until the investigation is over. I can see what's going to happen with that already. There's going to be accounts frozen all over.

Back
Top Bottom