• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you buy a Titan Z if........

Soldato
If you look at the business seller information for the previous listings, they seem to vary. I wonder if they realise that by selling as a business that their address is shown to all and sundry. :D

Soldato
Do people actually make and get away with significant sums from these scams? Or is it the online equivalent of shoplifting where you might get away with it for a little while but will inevitably get caught? I've only rarely used ebay and the thought of some little oik getting away with these scams makes me less likely to increase my usage.

Soldato
If the seller can get the money to their bank account quick enough before PayPal freezes their account then in theory they can profit from it. Something of this value should automatically lock down the account though from the very first sale if PayPal have their wits about them given that the seller has no prior history of handling items like this.

Associate
As I wrote earlier, they are most likely caught afterwards. PayPal have their own inkasso firm who takes care of busniess when they shut down accounts with debt. And since you can't take out this amount of money without submitting proper ID to PayPal, i think they get most of them, but who knows.. If the person is already bankrupt, there is no money.

Associate
Bargain Booze

88-90 Livesey Branch Road

Blackburn

BB2 4LU

Premises licence number: LP10444

Maybe he is off drowning his sorrows now that his Paypal account is locked?

Back
Top Bottom