Would you buy this house ?

Associate
Hi All

I am looking to buy a new-build house , and am really, really stuck - so wanted to ask for everyones help/ideas. Very few houses come up in this area, and with the spec/size that we wanted, so we dont want to let a good one go , as it were.

Linky to PDF

First of all - in terms of price it is competitive, and we are very lucky to be have parents who can help out so that we can buy this house. We want to live in this part of watford for the school catchment areas, and near to my work.

I have been to see the house inside in person, and it is all finished to a very high standard, and is lovely inside. There are 2 major problems however, and I really wanted everyone's view on this.

1 . It is on a main road, fairly busy. The road is double yellow lined, and so are some of the side roads. Any guests/family wanting to visit would probably have to park in the side roads, and walk 10mins to our house. We have lots of guests/family . . . . . so is an issue !

2 . There is no garage, and there is only parking for 2 cars outside - and we already have 2. This exacerbates greatly problem 1.

(3) . Busy road - worry if children etc run out onto the roads etc etc

Here is a map link which shows a bit more detail in terms of location

Any ideas gratefully appreciated - am pulling my hair out at the moment !

R

mehul

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi All

Thanks for all your replies

I would go further out of london, but I have to drive for work reasons, and I also need to be close to work, even on weekends/evenings as part of the cover rota. Watford is about as far out as I can go - and the only reason we are going this far out is because of the schools.

Will keep pondering !

R

Mehul

Associate
OP
Buy a normal 200k house somewhere else and forget work or at least commute.

Buying a house in London that you actually like is the hobby of multi millionaires. Don't even try it.

850k for a house. It's idiots like you that cause house prices to be so high. :mad: :p

Well actually, I am in a very stable job, and there is no way I would give it up, therefore we are sort of forced to live locally.

And the idiots that have caused house prices to rocket are more than likely the BTL crew, not people like myself.

R

mehul

Associate
OP
Would love to, but can't really be more than about 15-20 mins from work due to cover/rota reasons. Watford is about as far out as I can go. And have to drive also, can,t use the train etc as need my car at work.

Mehul

Associate
OP
Hi All

Thanks for your replies. . . . . i think you are all right ; 850k is just too much for the house.

If it helps with some of the comments, I am now in a job where (touch-wood) I will be permanent for the next 35 years - so will never have to move job.

This is why the location is limited, and to be honest, I have to drive to work as we work off-site also, so communing/public transport is not really an issue for me. My wife also has to drive, so 2 cars is a neccesity.

R

Mehul

Back
Top Bottom