• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you return an Auros 3080Ti for this amount of coil whine?

Associate
Hi All,

I've had my Auros 3080Ti Master a few days now and I've been happy with the performance and thermals after undervolting. However, what is causing my ears to bleed is the damn coil whine. I've attached a video of it so you can see how bad it is. It only seems to happen while gaming. Note, this is Division 2 running maxed out at 144fps. I am really tempted to RMA the card as for nearly £1500 I would not expect this. Also, the RGB Fusion software is just plain broken so I am unable to actually change the RGB or the LCD display.

Associate
OP
Either your capture is poor or to me, the fans/ background noise is louder. CAn't say its distinguishable enough for me to say it's ear bleeding! But it must be bad to you. Do you play Division 2 with no sound effects or via speakers or headphones?

You say 144fps but at what resolution? Is it capped at 144 fps?

The trouble with whine is that it can also be the resonance of power delivery from your PSU.

I did wonder if the video wouldn't pick up the noise! I normally play with headphones but sometimes I use speakers. It's running at 3440x1440 G-Sync @ 144Hz. It's the fact that the card cost a lot and with the RGB issues I am having I just wondering if I am putting up with too much for the price paid.

Sounds similar to my 3090. I had the same problem as you recording it as the fans drown it out to a certain extent when recording but not IRL.

Did your card settle down at all?

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone. I've ordered another PSU as my one was 8 years old so I'll see if that helps things. I'll also try undervolting a bit more. I've 28 days before I can easily return it.

Back
Top Bottom