Would you risk a B grade monitor

Associate
Hi all,seen a few B grade monitors here at Oc. I know any purchase is a gamble especially IPS monitors,has anyone purchased one?,do you still get the 14 day RMA? Any advice would be great..Thanks all

Soldato
After what's been posted the last few days with people getting the x34 then it's worth a gamble if your not happy with it can always send it back.

Yes you still get the 14 day return.

Soldato
As far as I'm aware, you'll still be able to return to OcUK within 14 days if you're not happy. If there's any manufacturer warranty left that you'll still get that. If you contact OcUK about one in particular you're interested in they might be able to give you more details.

I've got a B Grade coming tomorrow

Associate
They are covered under 14 days return policy. I bought a B grade monitor and was not happy with the edge bleeding, so I returned it without any hassle for a full refund. Just be prepared to cover the return postage, which is fair when you are returning a B-grade item as unwanted.

Associate
I got my x34 from bgrade here and its great and got extended warrenty with Acer too so very happy with mine also my old Dell 29" was a b grade too and that was just as good at the time.

So i would be happy to buy again.

Associate
OP
I would have thought b-grade items were returned items that people didn't want / weren't happy with. As such it would be a big risk of things like dead pixels and strong bleeds.

Thats my concern 100% MooMoo,ive rang OC and the guy (who was excellent btw) confirmed this,i asked if they are products directly from the manufacturers or customer returns he said both.Its the MG279Q ROG that im interested in,there,s 3 "B" grade,s in stock..thing is a couple of weeks ago there was 3 "B" grades in stock which sold...and now 3 again are they the same ones?? The only saving grace is that i get 14 days RMA so .....

Associate
Just order it and if there is an issue send it back, exactly as you would with a brand new monitor.
I ordered on of the b grade X34s and am delighted - it's as good as I would hope and I ordered understanding that there may have been an issue that was a concern but there was none.

Soldato
Just order it and if there is an issue send it back, exactly as you would with a brand new monitor.
I ordered on of the b grade X34s and am delighted - it's as good as I would hope and I ordered understanding that there may have been an issue that was a concern but there was none.

That's the way I see it, the only downside is the cost of returning an item (shipping) but as he lives a mile away, I suspect this won't be an issue.

I'll update this once I've had mine delivered and setup - a considerable saving on RRP is worth a punt in my book but I do understand that spending a reasonable sum of money someone would want it to be perfect.

Associate
Different people have different expectations and with IPS there is no such thing as perfect panel. I bought brand new x34 which has been great but could only reach 95Hz. Was very happy with purchase. Then I bought another one B-Grade which has tiny bit of coil whine on white screen (e.g. full screen google) but can reach 100 Hz. The B-Grade actually replaced my brand new one that I had every intention to keep.

It's reading posts on forum here stating:

"if i pay £1'000 I expect perfection" or
"I am on my 5th one and there is still back light bleed" or
"It's perfect in every way but box seems to have been open before"

....that made me to go ahead and purchase B-Grade without feeling nervous about it.

You spend £40k on BMW which states 80mpg and no-one actually reaches that figure in every day use ever. IPS is best technology currently but has imperfections. But it is still the best. So bear this in mind.

Yes, there is a chance you can get one with dead pixel. Just like you can get a new one with it. And you can still return it.

Back
Top Bottom