Would you sacrifice yourself for the nation?

Associate
Saw a heavily built man and woman in a car today screaming for her to get out at the top of his lungs and revving the engine, the car was also shaking but could not see anything physical. He then jumped out and shouted some more, stared at me and walked towards me then stopped at about 5 metres. He then jumped in the car and drove off before I had time to memorise the plate fully. Reported to the police in any case.

Should I have done more to challenge him in a quiet street, and potentially risk being shanked/beaten to a pulp risking potential death by a random stranger, or in this day and age is it ok to turn down a challenge for the sake of your family and children to live another day.

What would you do in similar circumstances? Fight or flight?

Soldato
In answer to the thread title, no. We are a nation of people who barely do the things we have to do nevermind the things we should do which would make the country a nicer place. **** us all.

Soldato
Saw a heavily built man and woman in a car today screaming for her to get out at the top of his lungs and revving the engine, the car was also shaking but could not see anything physical. He then jumped out and shouted some more, stared at me and walked towards me then stopped at about 5 metres. He then jumped in the car and drove off before I had time to memorise the plate fully. Reported to the police in any case.

Should I have done more to challenge him in a quiet street, and potentially risk being shanked/beaten to a pulp risking potential death by a random stranger, or in this day and age is it ok to turn down a challenge for the sake of your family and children to live another day.

What would you do in similar circumstances? Fight or flight?

Why the **** would you even contemplate getting involved in a random couple's domestic? And anyway, besides shouting at his other half, just what had this guy done that warranted you phoning the police and potentially getting him questioned.

Soldato
That sort of thing I'd rather let be. It's other peoples business (a domestic between two peoples). No physical violence was involved. You don't know the story. Walking towards you sounds dodgy though.
Fine to phone the police I think. If something more happened later between them, you'd have some information to give.

Why are you assuming he was in the wrong?
Shouting. Revving of engine. Probably walking towards him after she got out of the car was threatening and combined with other behaviour more likely a sign of guilt over behaviour/aggression. Of course there's a chance he might of said why he was asking her to get out of the car though "blimmin woman, she tried to rob me" :). Unlikely.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Neither, just do what you did and Bert stare at them :p

source.gif

Soldato
The topic question I'd answer that it depends.

On the domestic question, no. Nothing physical was happening.

If someone was being repeatedly beat and defenseless then I'd be tempted to use a cheap-shot.

Soldato
I'm not gonna interfere in domestic violence disputes.

Seen too many videos of some dude trying to be upstanding citizen then the woman and the dude turn around and beat the guy up.

No thanks.

Edit: And if I recall there was one video I think from Brazil (of course) where a guy outside nightclub intervened in a guy pushing his girl around. He shot the guy and walked off and the woman followed the boyfriend and didn't even check on the dude bleeding out....

Yeah. No thanks.

Associate
Police could do a welfare check at least if people located and if nothing alleged by either party, job done.

Nothing wrong with calling police whilst keeping a safe distance.

Back
Top Bottom